Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freshwater drain plug?

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
1997 Damon Challenger 30RK

We bought the trailer over winter and have only cleaned it up to this point due to the weather. It's finally getting warm and I'd like to flush the freshwater tank.

Problem is, I can't find the freshwater drain. The manual only specifies "drain/flush the freshwater tank".

All the connections I can see underneath are labeled on the side.
1x Waste tank w/ rinse connector
2x Grey water tanks
1x City water connection
1x "other" water connection

My plan was to get under it with a creeper and try to find a drain plug but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

I tried a few search keywords and kept getting the motorhome version. This is in fact a 5er. Is there a place I should start my search? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Outlaw
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK
10 REPLIES 10

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! Thank you!

I will have to get a plug for FW tank drain. It currently doesn't have one.

I started a more appropriate thread for the mess I have ahead.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28871014.cfmhttp://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28871014.cfm

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
The first pic is your low point drains.
The second pic is your freshwater tank drain.

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Well.... just in case anybody was curious. Finding this was the least of my worries.

I should prob start a new thread.
-Attempted to put water in the FW tank... came out the bottom of the trailer.
-Attempted to put water through city connection... came out the bottom of the trailer in a different spot.

:(:(:(

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the fast responses!

Update. I creeped around underneath, even remove part of the plastic and couldn't find anything.

I was able to find the PO's notes for winterizing, found the water heater and 2 lines with plugs sticking out the rear just before the bumper.. Pulled em and some pink anti-freeze came out.

I was talking to a friend with some more knowledge and he pointed out a line that looked like the 2 at the rear but it was next to the waste drain. At first we thought it was a hookup for the waste tank rinse.

20160509_190004 by Outlaw

Line in question next to waste drain.
20160509_181340 by Outlaw

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
They tend to vary by rigs - in mine it's sandwiched between the tank and a wall --- definitely not easy to see.
Kevin

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Different trailer, but mine was that old, and the drain valve was under the jacknife sofa.
Had to hold it halfway up and reach way down...

Joe_Way
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one typical valve arrangement. Our FW tank is under a dinette seat.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
My Komfort has a blade valve on the fresh tank for its main drain, then also has separate low-point drains for winterizing. The low-point drains are coded red and blue for hot and cold water systems and have screw-in caps.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Crawl under the trailer near the freshwater tank fill hole and look. The ones I've been around have generally been in the corner of the tank, either just a plug you unscrew or often there's a ball valve there.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
My fresh water tank drain is located along the edge of the tank and pokes out through the underbelly cover.