cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FR Cedar Creek Silverback and FR Silverback difference

Squattingdog
Explorer
Explorer
I know nothing about either model. Was wondering if anyone knows the specific differences between theses two FR models. I am thinking about purchasing a 'FR Silverbck' and wondering if it's capable of a year long adventure throughout the USA if properly taken care of.
5 REPLIES 5

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is. We have a couple that have been fulltiming in a Silverback for over a year now. They had a few issues in the beginning but I think everything is taken care of now. None of the issues were major; they were just irritating.
I think you can find that is virtually any brand of trailer coming off the lines now.

Squattingdog
Explorer
Explorer
Is it capable of a year long adventure throughout the USA if properly taken care of and maintained?

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
The Silverback has peaked roofs on there slides compared to the flat roofs on the other Creeks. We had looked at the Silverback but with the peaked roofs you cannot put slide covers on the.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there is no difference; that is, there are 3 editions of the Cedar Creek model: Cedar Creek Champagne, Cedar Creek Hathaway, and Cedar Creek Silverback. Each is also done by the edition: Champagne, Hathaway, and Silverback.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
There the same. Forest River Inc is the manufacturer. Cedar Creek is the division. Under Cedar Creek division are two models. Regular Cedar Creek and CC Silverback. The basic difference is price and amenities. They all come down the exact same assembly line. Silverbacks tend to have floor plans oriented more to families. Regular Creeks are more luxurious and aimed to couples.