cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fifth Wheel Tag Renewal

Michellepullina
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2023 Fifth Wheel last year. We just received the bill from the DMV for the renewal tags. Does 800 dollars sound right? Has anyone else paid an astronomical amount like this? Call me cheap but it totally shocked me. That's just as much as we pay for our Dodge challenger. That we drive on the roads almost everyday.
40 REPLIES 40

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
And NC uses a dubious method. You add up personal property tax, inspection, and tags you pay as much as CA.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
The bill should explain how the amount was derived. Unusually based on value of the RV the amount due is a percentage of that. The DMV could probably answer questions about the value. In some cases we have contested the value and had it reduced but it's a rare case and usually they are pretty close to value. Part of the of the cost of RV ownership. Some states are more expensive than others.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Government can only generate money by taking it from someone else. Rising taxes is the wave of the future as our government hands out money.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Paid $300 for our 5er in Michigan...and that's a one time price...for as long as you own the trailer.

Enjoy Calicrazy.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine was $620 for a 2021 Bighorn in CO.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

This amount decreases with each year of age, but not very fast.

2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
Try 252.00 last year for a 2005 fifth wheel,probably going to be higher this year. I have a 2002 Ford F-350 dually and was 352.00 last year. This is in Calif.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Living in Taxifornia I would say you got away cheap.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here in NV they base registration fees on the MSRP of the RV, even if you paid much less. I think CA does the same sort of shenanigans.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
The best place to get your answer would be to look at the CA Regโ€™s for license plate/registration fees

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably based on value of trailer. Just paid CA $294 for our 2015 Crossroads Rushmore.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax