cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic Freezer working, fridge Not cooling

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2016 Keystone Avalanche. The previous owner put in a Dometic RM1350. This frig has an Electric and LP mode. The Electric mode did not work but the LP mode was fine. So the fridge was fine on LP only
The owner gave me a new control module which was determined would fix the problem.

So I swapped the modules. The Electric and LP modes work fine. Both modes heat the ammonia. The freezer works great.

However the fridge does not cool. The fins in the fridge do not cool.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
heyobie wrote:
It ran for about 12 hours and fridge was at 49 degrees. It was at 38 prior to swapping the control board. I will put the thermister in warm water and check again. Thanks

No. You put a small glass of water on the top shelf in front of the fins. You MUST wait 24 hours. Then use a regular digital thermometer inserted in the glass of water, wait 5 minutes, then post the temp of the water. This will tell you the operating temp of the refer. You do not put the Thermister in warm water at all. IF it worked on LP prior to replacing the control board and all you did was replace the control board, that would not affect the Thermister operation. YOUR model should have an adjustable digital LED temp read out. 1 thru 5 settings. 5 is the coldest setting. The usual problem with no cooling on 120 is a defective 120 heater, NOT a rear control module. 2nd cause would be the 120 volt fuse on that control module for the 120 heater was blown. Doug

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
It ran for about 12 hours and fridge was at 49 degrees. It was at 38 prior to swapping the control board. I will put the thermister in warm water and check again. Thanks

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
go to this site for some great info on cooling unit replacement directions https://coolfunrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Dometic-Older-style-units-coolfun.pdf helps you understand how the cooling works on the frig, for freezer and frig both get cold at the same time .. when I had the unit in my RV it would take hours for the frig to cool about 12hrs for noticeable difference.. let it run over night and ck it in the morning
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^Agree...are you waiting long enough for the fridge to get cold? To check fridge cooling, it can help to use a glass of water, with a thermometer in the water.

Jerry

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If it has a thermistor attach it to a fin near the end at the highest level and wait for 24 hours.