cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic Duo Therm Air Conditioner--does it blow in debris?

DreamComeTrue
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Cougar with a great air conditioner. I recently replaced the vent and new foam filter. It i pretty much the same as the old ole, but it sure seems that ten minutes after I clean the RV and then turn on the air, the areas I cleaned (such as the black interior trim around the windowsand on other surfaces) is covered with dust etc. Is it possible that stuff blows into the RV through the air conditioner to that degree?
6 REPLIES 6

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
There is a foam rubber seal on the underside of the shroud that keeps the outside air from entering the Rv. Check to make sure that seal is good. It is usually a 1.25 inch foam rubber square seal about 4 ft long and glued onto shroud.

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Likely cleaning dust out of the ducting.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
No, there is no exchange of air between the outside and the inside. But what could be happening is the new filter allows a stronger draft which stirs up the dust so it can settle in more places. Another possibility is the new filter allows more dirt to pass through it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
No. There is no exchange of inside and outside air on air conditioners.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer