cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disc Brakes

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone have disc brakes installed in central florida? Looking for a shop to do the install on my 5th wheel.What brand of brakes did you install?
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS
10 REPLIES 10

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Call MorRyde, they have great disk brakes an will steer you to a dealer you can trust to do a very good job ๐Ÿ™‚

Sage Travels

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
AA Hitch in Bradenton on 64 did mine. Kodiak and they stop on a dime.....at 10 on the controller my electrics would just slow the 5th wheel but at 5 with the disc brakes I feel the 5th wheel stopping....

A PM was sent to you on Tuesday, check it out..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
djousma wrote:
you might check these guys out. You schedule a date/time, they come to your location and do the job right there. I had them come to my house. 6 hours later, all done. Very happy with the work.

Performance Trailer Braking

At the time they had 3 install teams that rove different parts of the country. Very responsive. You order/pay for the parts, then after the install you pay for the labor. At the time, earlier this year, it was $2700 job for a tandem axle.

Was the $2700 the total cost...parts and labor?

Yes, when I had it done in May of this year. That's for a tandem axle. I don't know if the pricing has changed or not. The way they work it, is once you pull the trigger, they order the parts for you, you get an invoice, which you can pay online (via Intuit quickbooks website). Once you pay for the parts, they get ordered, and either sent to you directly, or depending on which installer is going to do the job, the parts might get sent directly to the installer. then the installer will contact you, make the connection, confirm the install date/time. they come and do the job, and then they send you the invoice for the labor, which you are expected to pay (online/check/cash) before they leave.

The installer will walk you through the entire process first, including where he plans to install the brake actuator, etc.

They come all self contained, no need to come into your house. There is an expectation to take the RV for a test drive (you driving of course), for him to make sure the brakes are working correctly, adjust the controller, etc.

all-in-all a very good experience for me.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
djousma wrote:
you might check these guys out. You schedule a date/time, they come to your location and do the job right there. I had them come to my house. 6 hours later, all done. Very happy with the work.

At the time they had 3 install teams that rove different parts of the country. Very responsive. You order/pay for the parts, then after the install you pay for the labor. At the time, earlier this year, it was $2700 job for a tandem axle.

Was the $2700 the total cost...parts and labor?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Gray_Fox
Explorer
Explorer
I also had it do by Performance Trailer Braking they did a great job

and they work great. They came to the house in Ma. about a 6hr. job.

You will not be sorry.
Gray Fox
2014 F350 4x4 Diesel Lariat
2009 HitchHiker-LS 34.5 RLTG
Always keep moving so you don't seize up.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
djousma wrote:

X2 You will be happy
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
djousma thank you for the reply.I'm going to call them.
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone have disc brakes installed in central florida? Looking for a shop to do the install on my 5th wheel. What brand of brakes did you install?

Are you in a CG in Florida?

If so go to the CG manager and ask who they use for RV Mobile Repair.

They will come out to you and put the brakes on right at your site. AND it's been my experience these guys are WAY more experienced repairing RV's......because that is what they do for a living. :C

AND way less expensive then taking it to a repair shop, not to mention you don't have to drop it off and be without your RV for days sometimes.

I have all my repairs and maintenance done by RV Mobile Repair. My RV has not seen the inside of a repair shop. And they will know what brand works and what brand doesn't.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer

Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL