cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter Location

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Montana 3455SA that either has battery issue (brand new but testing tonight) or converter issue. However, I cannot locate the converter. Does anyone have any idea where Montana has hid this at?
2012 Keystone Montana 3455SA towed by 2009 Ford F450 4x4 Diesel
9 REPLIES 9

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Jimfromvirginia wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Jimfromvirginia wrote:
I have a Montana 3455SA that either has battery issue (brand new but testing tonight) or converter issue. However, I cannot locate the converter. Does anyone have any idea where Montana has hid this at?

If it is where it is in my Montana, its behind the wooden grill in the face of the steps going up into the bedroom. Fairly easy to get to

Found it as stated. Problem is it is mounted in a frame and cannot get to bolts in back. Also where at the 2 40 amp fuses everyone talks about?

Canโ€™t help you there , mine came out pretty easy, been awhile but the screws holding it down were pretty accessible . As far as the fuses ever dealt with them .

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Jimfromvirginia wrote:

If it is where it is in my Montana, its behind the wooden grill in the face of the steps going up into the bedroom. Fairly easy to get to

Found it as stated. Problem is it is mounted in a frame and cannot get to bolts in back. Also where at the 2 40 amp fuses everyone talks about?
2012 Keystone Montana 3455SA towed by 2009 Ford F450 4x4 Diesel

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is Under the steps.. just unscrew the panel covering the verticle part of the steps Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Jimfromvirginia wrote:

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œAnother quick test for the converter is to not have the battery in the circuit and connect to shore power.โ€

Good idea.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our Fuzion the converter was located behind one of the walls in the basement. A real pain to get to.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everytime some one mentioned BATTERY ISSUES it is always a good idea to check the battery installation...

I always look at the battery case and look for the word 'NEG' or the symbol '-' and make sure this is the terminal that goes to frame ground... This is regardless of the battery cable color...

The RV trailer should be using the BLACK and WHITE colors where white is the NEGATIVE FRAME GROUND cable. However since this is a battery installation sometimes you see those wires have been changed to the automotive colors of RED and BLACK where BLACK would be the NEGATIVE cable color. Very easy to get it hooked up backwards which blows inline fuses and one thinks the converter is not working. Another quick test for the converter is to not have the battery in the circuit and connect to shore power. If the ceiling lights work normal then the converter is working. Both the Converter and the Battery feed the same point on the 12V Power Distribution Panel so that the trailer 12V items can operate form shore power or off the battery. When on SHORE POWER than this connection also charges the battery...

Something like this at any rate haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Follow the shore power plug, should be behind that. In my FR I had to remove a panel in the basement it was behind that. If you listen you can hear them hum.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Should be with or behind your 12 volt fuse panel. usually on the floor under a fridge or stove,
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.