cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converted to a Bigfoot Hydraulic Autoleveler--Wow!

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
My sons and grandsons just helped me convert my old electric jacks over to a four point Bigfoot system. Not only is this thing way quicker and beefier, but it's also rock solid. Little to no movement inside the trailer. It was around $3600 for parts and took us 22 hours for installation, having had to do some significant modification to my Alpenlite to get everything to fit (and we didn't know what we were doing). But the outcome seems well worth the effort. I knew the hydraulic system would be faster than the old electric Atwoods, but I wasn't expecting the huge gain in stability. I think it might be because the Bigfoot actually lifts the trailer almost completely off the wheels. No support coming through the suspension which would allow jiggling and bounce. Of course, also the jacks themselves are amazingly beefy and seem to be of very high quality. My son has a Lippert six point hydraulic system, and the Bigfoot jacks seem to be much higher quality. But that's judging only from their weight and appearance. All the wiring harnesses were pre-made and fit everything perfectly. The jacks give me a rated lift power of 58,000 lbs! Seems that ought to be enough even when we've all eaten too much. Anyway, I am very pleased.
2 REPLIES 2

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Out HitcHiker and the Previous Cameo had Big Foot Quadra hydraulic leveling jacks. Great units and so much better than the wimpy Lippert Level-Up systems.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much for the post; I have been thinking of an upgrade such as this for my older fiver and will check them out!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes