cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carpet to wood floor replacement

Scot
Explorer
Explorer
I've done some searching but can't really find anything on this. Has anyone done this and what did it take and how do you like it? My wife and I have been considering pulling up the carpet and replacing it with some sort of wood product, looking for ideas, thoughts, process and the like.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Scot & Ann
2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CC Dually Duramax/Allison
2013 Sandpiper 355RE
Hidden Hitch 18k
My Photos
18 REPLIES 18

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Ed9824v wrote:
Johndanielscpa wrote:
Well, the point I was trying to make (tongue in cheek which seemed to get missed) was it would have taken a heck of an earthquake to move Aqua Dulce from 45 miles north of LA to 70 miles SE of LA. So there's either another Aqua Dulce I was not aware of or the OP needs to correct his signature!

Your correct,as the politicians would say I misspoke. Will have to try to get into that part of the site to change it.

Greetings from down the road in SCV. Let me know if you have any trouble finding your profile to edit it. You should be able to click View Profile in the box on the left in your last post.

your advice helped and I changed it.Thanks
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

dedmiston
Ed9824v wrote:
Johndanielscpa wrote:
Well, the point I was trying to make (tongue in cheek which seemed to get missed) was it would have taken a heck of an earthquake to move Aqua Dulce from 45 miles north of LA to 70 miles SE of LA. So there's either another Aqua Dulce I was not aware of or the OP needs to correct his signature!

Your correct,as the politicians would say I misspoke. Will have to try to get into that part of the site to change it.

Greetings from down the road in SCV. Let me know if you have any trouble finding your profile to edit it. You should be able to click View Profile in the box on the left in your last post.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
Johndanielscpa wrote:

Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
With pets and shedding it was almost a must for us. We replaced the carpet in our class A with laminate, except for the slide outs, and bed room, (I hate getting up and putting my feet on the cold surface! We hired an installer, checked him out on line, and he did it in a day. To save time and money I removed the old carpet. It was 3 years old and we were good at keeping it clean or so we thought! It smelled and weighed a lot! The new laminate was at least ยฝ as heavy as the carpet, pet hair, spills and other accidents were easy to clean up. We ordered our 5th wheel with laminate flooring!

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
You ever get back to AD/CA , let me know and we can go horse riding. Park your RV next to the work shop with full hook ups.
Big Bird 2

Johndanielscpa
Explorer
Explorer

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
"They live among us"

Johndaniel, I called my son who lives their and he confirms your belief and says no earth quake, just a lot of soft sand.
Big Bird 2

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
The wood is laminate Brazilian cherry.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Scot
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
I did mine 3 years ago with very good results.

What type of flooring did you use, that looks really nice...
Scot & Ann
2013 Sandpiper 355RE
Hidden Hitch 18k
My Photos

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I did mine 3 years ago with very good results.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
MINE had enough clearance ,but was a tight fit.The slides are on rollers so no marking issues.The AC 4/5 Rated laminate is so hard i dont think you could hurt it.There are a couple other brands on the market that were highly rec in a lighter mil.I used Beaulieu made in Canada, 3.10 a sq .ft, a quality product with no off gassing.

Scot
Explorer
Explorer
alboy wrote:
Replaced all the carpet, except slideouts with AC 4 commercial rated 12mm laminate.You will have to glue the joints to keep it together,left a 1/4 gap and floated the floor, Still looks great after 5000 miles,absolutely love it.

So there were no issues with the slide outs clearing the flooring? Any scratches from the slide dragging across the floor?

Thanks for the info..
Scot & Ann
2013 Sandpiper 355RE
Hidden Hitch 18k
My Photos

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced all the carpet, except slideouts with AC 4 commercial rated 12mm laminate.You will have to glue the joints to keep it together,left a 1/4 gap and floated the floor, Still looks great after 5000 miles,absolutely love it.

Dayle1
Explorer
Explorer
Vinyl plank flooring, plenty of choices just like wood base laminate flooring. But 100% vinyl so it is totally waterproof. Expansion and contraction is less than wood laminate, so edge gap in a S&B house is 1/4 inch, probably could be zero in an RV. I've installed several brands, but stay away from the thin ones, 4mm or less, the tongue and groove have limited locking surfaces and might pull apart in a flexing RV. Many wood base laminates assume normal room temps after installation (65 F to 85 F) and may buckle with larger temp swings of an RV.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos