cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carpet to wood floor replacement

Scot
Explorer
Explorer
I've done some searching but can't really find anything on this. Has anyone done this and what did it take and how do you like it? My wife and I have been considering pulling up the carpet and replacing it with some sort of wood product, looking for ideas, thoughts, process and the like.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Scot & Ann
2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CC Dually Duramax/Allison
2013 Sandpiper 355RE
Hidden Hitch 18k
My Photos
18 REPLIES 18

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
Johndanielscpa wrote:
Ed, you're showing in your profile that Aqua Dulce is 70 miles SE of Los Angeles. If that's correct, you guys must have had a heck of an earthquake since the last time I was down there! It used to be about 45 miles NORTH of LA.

that was in I believe 1994 we were only slightly affected, but I was working graveyard in Burbank and it was strong and getting back and forth to work was a challenge, the night shift was helpful with less people.

PS if and when you take out the rug (which was easy, the flooring in front of the sink was another issue, as was the 110 degree day I picked to do the job.) get a sample to try and test the slideout.
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Johndanielscpa
Explorer
Explorer
Ed, you're showing in your profile that Aqua Dulce is 70 miles SE of Los Angeles. If that's correct, you guys must have had a heck of an earthquake since the last time I was down there! It used to be about 45 miles NORTH of LA.

Scot
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking a laminate would be thin enough to have the slide ride over..
Scot & Ann
2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CC Dually Duramax/Allison
2013 Sandpiper 355RE
Hidden Hitch 18k
My Photos

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my rug with vinyl wood look panels, look nice, easy to maintain. will have to be concerned about pop out clearing the wood panels
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.