cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carlisle Tires

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Well, had a total blow out on two year old tires with less than 1,200 miles. Went to Discount and now they told me they no longer carry Carlisle and are recommending the Goodyear Endurance. Had to buy one Endurance because that is all they had and gingerly drove home with the 3 other "may pops". Will be looking at the Goodyear to see how they hold up. Want to have the whole set to match. Was 105 degrees on the side of the highway while changing the blown out tire.
NOT too happy.

Curly.....
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK
38 REPLIES 38

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Looked on my local Discount stores web sit and sure enough non in stock. Bummer as I put Carlisle HD's on shortly before the GY Endurance came out. I never had a blowout with the previous 2 sets of GY Marathons so I'm hoping the Carlisle's treat me well. Disappointing to say the least and not very confidence inspiring.

Just because they are showing none in stock doesn't mean they can't order them for you.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
For Polly carcass ST's, what is better?

My drum beats for the Provider ST poly carcass tire in load C/D/E.
These are one of the first new gen ST class with the higher speed ratings and first came out on haulers websites in the '10-11 era.

As far as the Carlisle HD having a issue I wouldn't suspect any tire based on a couple of tire complaints. Now if the HD start having complaints on all the trailering forums (rv and non rv) like the old made in the USA ST poly tires and especially the poly carcass load C/D/E china made ST tires, when they started coming over by the ship load ...then it can be determined how reliable they are.
The internet is still the best place to find info on how a tire brand or tire line is doing. This website is just one of the dozens of websites out here to learn how any product is doing......especially tires.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

NamSniper
Explorer
Explorer
I got six new Carlisles from Discount a couple of months ago. They even matched the $67 per tire price from Walmart. They may not be in stock, but they can be ordered. Mine weren't in stock, but it only too a couple of days for them to get them.
2008 Keystone Raptor 3600RL
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 5 speed manual
2011 Harley Ultra Classic

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would note that the Marathon ST235/80R16E weighed in at 35.4 pounds, a similar size Endurance weighs 40 pounds. So Goodyear must believe weight matters, as I have post many times over the years. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
starcraft69 wrote:
I really think you should go with Chevy Ford or Dodge. If not one of those how about Honda Champion or Onan.

:B:B:B:B:B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I really think you should go with Chevy Ford or Dodge. If not one of those how about Honda Champion or Onan.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
This week I will replace the Carlisle tires with the new Goodyear and see how things progress. I have not been a Goodyear fan in the past but will keep an open mind (and wallet) to see how they will do. Thanks for all the input,
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Me Again wrote:

Don't rely on an (any) internet forum for which is best/better!

Forums are an OK 'starter' resource to do *your own* research - then do a "hands on" to decide which is best/better for YOU.

:W

That is a great non answer. Some for one reason or another (think 15" rims and tire dealers that refuse to install LT's in place on ST's) need a good ST tire. GY appears to have created that in the Endurance line.

A few years ago I would never recommend a ST tire. GY appears to have changed that.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

Don't rely on an (any) internet forum for which is best/better!

Forums are an OK 'starter' resource to do *your own* research - then do a "hands on" to decide which is best/better for YOU.

:W

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Me Again wrote:
The new'ish Goodyear Endurance ST appears to be the best one on the market right now. Friend needs tires for his GD Reflection and that is what I recommended when he called.

Others will have to get their act together or GY will own the replacement tire market. Trailer manufactures will still let their bean counters provide you with the low bid maypops.

Jayco is the only company that I know of that committed to Endurance tires OEM.

Chris

Bean counters then and now

Jayco (& others) were at one time committed to USA mfg GY (willpop) Marathons..:(

When I asked a factory rep about that (I was replacing them), he
admitted the bean counters go with the best price offered by the
tire manufacturers for the desired specs (weight) of the trailer.

However, Goodyear does have a "good" record of paying for damage to trailers caused by their tires!

For me - No intention to find out how well/long anything GY will endure....when there are other (IMO - better) choices.

Whatever floats your boat! (new/old GYs make good boat 'bumpers')

:C

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
The new'ish Goodyear Endurance ST appears to be the best one on the market right now. Friend needs tires for his GD Reflection and that is what I recommended when he called.

Others will have to get their act together or GY will own the replacement tire market. Trailer manufactures will still let their bean counters provide you with the low bid maypops.

Chris

Bean counters then and now

Jayco (& others) were at one time committed to USA mfg GY (willpop) Marathons..:(

When I asked a factory rep about that (I was replacing them), he admitted the bean counters go with the best price offered by the tire manufacturers for the desired specs (weight) of the trailer.

However, Goodyear does have a "good" record of paying for damage to trailers caused by their tires!
Of course, that's no help for your "down time"..:R

For me - No intention to find out how well/long anything GY will endure....when there are other (IMO - better) choices.

Whatever floats your boat! (new/old GYs make good boat 'bumpers')

:C

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
(cynic=ON)

Let's see how long it is before GY either raises the price on the Endurance so much that they price themselves out of the market or their quality goes to cr@p.

(cynic=OFF)

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

Chris

Morthwood MFG and ORV do also.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

Chris

As I stated got them on my new Jayco and it is pulling well. Those tires are impressive just to look at!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.