cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't Find VIN # plate for 2003 Tahoe by Thor

Verysincere
Explorer
Explorer
I checked everywhere but can't find VIN number.

Yes, I checked the king pin area and the left side front corner panels. Checked inside door jams and cabinet doors.

Manufacturer is defunct and the dealer "changed software systems" and can't retrieve original sales documents.

This is 2003 Tahoe by Thor Transport Toy Hauler M-36 TB
6 REPLIES 6

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours is also stamped into the frame that the pinbox mounts on. If it has been painted over you may have to sand it down to see the number.
Puma 30RKSS

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
The number on my pin box mounting is not a plate but just the number stamped into the steel. It is rather large numbers but not easy to see if the light is not right.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Memphisdoug
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes there is also a sticker on the backside of a kitchen cabinet door. My current trailer has that along with a sticker on the driver side front of the trailer.
2006 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab
2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36RL

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Found these on a Thor board... might help:

"If it is the Trailer version it is on the tongue If it is the fifth wheel it is where the king pin attaches"

"Yeah look on the frame right where the Y from the hitch meets the ladder section of the frame (drivers side). If not there look on the drivers side outside front above the storage compartment."

But, it sounds like you already looked there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
or insurance card, maybe? I believe the VIN is on the insurance card for everything we have insured which requires registration (tt, motorcycles, vehicles)...

I just confirmed that the VIN is on the insurance ID card...if the unit is insured, maybe you can just log into your insurance company account and select the 'id card' option
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do you have the title for your TH, or maybe the registration? The vin# for mine, is on these documents.

Jerry