cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my water pump

jimcatinmi
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 2015 keystone alpine 3010re and I am trying to find the water pump I have taken off the 3 panels 2 under the kitchen sink and 1 in the bathroom and can't find it. I ran the pump and can hear it but I am afraid to run it for too long as I don't want to burn up the pump. It is new to us and we are using it for the first time. I filled the fresh water holding tank and but the water heater bypass to off I have the selector to normal and I can hear the pump but it is pumping water to the faucets. Any help will be greatly appreciated
2021 F250 7.3 Godzilla
2015 Alpine 3010RE
Pullrite superglide 16k
14 REPLIES 14

lwbfl
Explorer
Explorer
rlw999 wrote:
So sounds like the rule of thumb is "The pump should be close to the freshwater tank. Or not." and "The pump should be close to the water heater. Or not." and "The pump should be near the kitchen. Or not.".

Or in other words, until you find it, you won't know where it is, different RV's put it in much different places.

So true! I've had 8 now and they were all different. I've always found them by accident or followed the noise. They put them in some strange places sometimes! The Airstream was the worst! 31' Rear bath, fresh water tank in the rear bumper / storage area behind the tub. Kitchen was 3/4 ways to the front, then a pretty large living area. The pump was in the very front under the couch. 25' from the tank and bathroom and 5' outside the kitchen!
1976 Myself and Wife
2009 DD
3 Doggies
2016 Chevy Z71
2021 Coachmen Apex 253RLS

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
So sounds like the rule of thumb is "The pump should be close to the freshwater tank. Or not." and "The pump should be close to the water heater. Or not." and "The pump should be near the kitchen. Or not.".

Or in other words, until you find it, you won't know where it is, different RV's put it in much different places.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
If there is a removable panel under the oven take a look. That is where ours is.

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
In all my Montana's it is behind the convenience center where the shower dump valves etc.. take out the false wall and there it is
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Memphisdoug
Explorer
Explorer
On my last 2 5th wheels the pump was accessed from the basement storage. On my Laredo I had to unscrew a panel on the back wall of the basement to reach the pump. That was on the passenger side. On my current trailer, the pump is accessed by a door on the back side wall of the basement.
2006 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab
2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36RL

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Beverley&Ken wrote:
Do you have a gravity fresh water fill, not the city water connection if different. The pump should be very close to the fresh water tank, which also close to the fill.
When I winterized my neighbours 5th wheel a few years ago, I had to search for the pump and winterizing line. She told me that she had always put 10 gallons of pink in the fresh water tank and pumped it through. Long story short. City water conection near the front under the bathroom, upper level, Gravity fill in the rear wall, fresh water tank under the floor just in front of the bumper, could't get any further away from kitchen or bathroom. The water pump was on the floor inside an end table between the recliner chairs. When all was quiet, you could hear the pump running. I had to dig through carpet and trim just to remove this end table and access the pump.

Ken

At least in my Alpine, which is the same year so should be more or less the same, there is no gravity fill and the pump is about 25ft from the fresh tank. Fresh tank is at the very rear, and pump is in the front basement behind the water works and a false wall.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a gravity fresh water fill, not the city water connection if different. The pump should be very close to the fresh water tank, which also close to the fill.
When I winterized my neighbours 5th wheel a few years ago, I had to search for the pump and winterizing line. She told me that she had always put 10 gallons of pink in the fresh water tank and pumped it through. Long story short. City water conection near the front under the bathroom, upper level, Gravity fill in the rear wall, fresh water tank under the floor just in front of the bumper, could't get any further away from kitchen or bathroom. The water pump was on the floor inside an end table between the recliner chairs. When all was quiet, you could hear the pump running. I had to dig through carpet and trim just to remove this end table and access the pump.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is in the basement, behind a false wall behind the water center. It's the same year Alpine, but a 3730FB. I'd bet on more or less the same location on yours.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You will not burn up the pump by letting it run dry.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
When I was looking for my pump, it was easier to locate it by sound from beneath the RV. When I was inside the RV, it sounded like it was under the sink near the water heater, but after crawling underneath the RV, it was easier to hear that it was actually under the bed (which as it turns out, is where the freshwater tank is). The bed base isn't hinged so it can be opened, if I remove a small under bed drawer I can see the pump, but if I had to service it, I think I'd have to unscrew the bed base to reach it.

Even now that I know where it is, from inside the RV it's hard to tell where it is from sound alone, the sound travels weirdly.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be very surprised if you could hurt the pump by running it. I accidently left mine running in our last 5er for a day and a half before I discovered it. It happened at home and I had no water in the tank. I replaced the pump, and now I still use that pump to transfer water from jugs to my fresh water tank.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
I agree the post is a little confusing. Just remember the pump has to fill up the water heater before you will have much pressure to the faucets.

the pump is usually close to the back of the water heater.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Most pumps can be run dry for a while, with no fear of damage/burnout. It will be near the fresh water tank, and may be behind a panel best accessed from the pass through. Mine has a square cover, over a hole in the panel in pass through/basement.

Your post is a bit unclear, are you saying it is pumping water to the faucets? If it is, what is wrong, and what are you asking?

Jerry

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
I would look in your outside hatch, and I bet if you look around the wet bay theres likely a false panel between the nylon wet bay and the pump/hot water tank and valves. If its running then either your hw tank is still filling or you have the valves set wrong and its sucking air possibly through the winterizing tube.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)