cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find a Tripod Stabilizer for King Pin “Ball”

Hortuna
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I have a 2018 SandSport Toy Hauler 5th wheel trailer that has a ball for a king pin. Not sure of the correct name, but that’s what I have. I’m attempting to find a stabilization tripod and I haven’t been able to. any assistance would be fantastic. If you’re not familiar with this type of set up, it’s a Pull Right 20K super lite hitch. The only stabilizers I could find are for a standard king pin and goosenecks which this is not, it’s a ball ..

Thank you in advance,

Hortuna
8 REPLIES 8

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
JT Strong arms work much better.

https://www.lci1.com/jt-strong-arm

X2
Stabilizer don’t work well at all, JT’s Rock Solid!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my 5th wheel pin stabilizer in 1985 for our 1st rv trailer. It works great for what it does which is stabilize the front of the trailer.
Common sense/experience tells us it does nothing for the trailers rear so some type of stabilizer at the the rear is needed.

JTs or a similar product does the same thing for any type trailer that wiggle or motion isn't desirable.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Save your money, they don't even work with regular fifth wheel types.

They do work...just not as well.

Yes, they have to be cranked up tight.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
fj12ryder wrote:

They do work...just not as well.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
If it looks kind of like a fifth wheel but has a ball in the truck bed it's called a Gooseneck trailer. But as the others have said, it won't be very stable sitting on just the ball.
Amazon search
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
They have them out there but honestly it mounts as a ball so it won't really do anything . Spend your money on the jt strongarms

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
JT Strong arms work much better.

https://www.lci1.com/jt-strong-arm
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021