cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping at the ski resort, first trip snow camping this year

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
Tomorrow we will be back snow camping at the ski resort HooDoo this year. This summer while working on the tanks I found the water line that runs from the water tank to the bottom of the floor and it was not insulated at all. Last couple of years when it got below 20 that line would freeze on me and we had no water for a few days. Pain in the butt! I insulated it today and am hoping for good luck with it this year.

We found out using the dehumidifier that the hauler stays pretty warm even the back and it keeps the moisture down. Our windows stay clear and not frozen like other trailers we see. Sure it nice having the open area in the back to set up drying racks for wet ski gear and plenty of water and holding tank capacity for a few days.

Can't wait for the looks pulling the trailer up through the snow!
3 REPLIES 3

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov it is not full hook up. Electric only but I have plenty of water onboard and the lodge has plenty of bathrooms and showers to use. Makes it pretty nice. We have enough propane to go about 8 days and if we use a little electric heater another day is possible but I can't ski that many days in a row 12 hours a day anyway!

On the towing up the mountain with all the tongue weight, ~1,900 lbs, we usually make it all the way in 2WD. We have had to chain up because of pulling a trailer up the mountain but that is not a problem and just takes time.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
It would be interesting to hear more about your setup. Is this with full hookups?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Camping and skiing at the same time.....it doesn’t get much better than that!