cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bumper step

SDM
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a bolt on bumper step? Likes and dislikes for brands would be helpful.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I got a step from Tractor Supply that goes in receiver hitch.

Braces
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freights has a swing off ladder that bolts onto the tailgate. works well for me. About $50.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
X whatever on Amp Research. It is a little pricey for a step, but I bought it on sale and there was also a mail in rebate.

It is incredibly easy to install and use.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also have the Amp Research. They're kinda expensive, but I use it a lot. I had it on my 2016 Ram and when I bought my 2018 I removed it from the old and bolted it onto the new. Easy installation, easy to use and is quite sturdy.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the Amp bed step and agree that it works great. Pricey for what it's designed to do but I'm glad I bought it. I also don't have to worry about whether I put it back up. If I forget, I can still drive the truck.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the Amp bed step,it works great.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have an AMP bed step. Both the one by the tail gate as well as the one by the bed. They work great.
AMP Bed Step
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Harbor Freight aluminum step to access my hitch. It has also been handy for many other things.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
No but I have this Tire Step and it works great. Just don't forget to take it off your tire before you move the truck, I haven't yet but I worry about it. I only use it on the driver's side so I have a good chance to see it before taking off. It instantly goes on and off and is well built and sturdy.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper