cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bridgestone or michelin

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
looking for input on which way to go. the durvis R250 or xps rib. both look to have about same quality's. not that much price difference in the set.
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res
22 REPLIES 22

wildernesshd
Explorer
Explorer
I installed BF Goodrich commercial TAs over 4 years ago and they still look new. BFG owned by Michelin USA
2012 GMC \Denali 3500 4X4 DURAMAX Allison EFI live tuner 4 inch Exhaust
2012 Keystone Avalanche 330RE 5th wheel 4 slides
statements in this post should be considered opinions and not facts

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
R-250 when I replaced my TA's. (I'll fix the sig one of these days!)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Yep - my factory supplied wheels are/were rated for 80 psi. Works for RIBS, and?

*If* I needed to replace wheels (I don't) - 17.5 rims & tires would be my choice.

Something to consider..

~

And R250 BS Duravis. 50 dollars per tire cheaper and just as good or better than Ribs. I have used both. Chris

Agree.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

tchil
Explorer
Explorer
I will add my support for the R250's. I have about 5 years on the current set and have done nothing but check air on them since new. They show no signs of cracking and are wearing great. The last set was more than 10 years old when I replaced them due to age and had not one issue with them.
Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Yep - my factory supplied wheels are/were rated for 80 psi. Works for RIBS, and?

*If* I needed to replace wheels (I don't) - 17.5 rims & tires would be my choice.

Something to consider..

~

And R250 BS Duravis. 50 dollars per tire cheaper and just as good or better than Ribs. I have used both. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer

Something to consider..

~

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
Havenโ€™t seen a bad review on Sailun tires since I first read about them 4 years ago. I will look at them to replace my 5er tires when it comes time. High quality tires and very affordable.

Jim

Jim (and/or others);
I have seen all the good reports on Sailuns!!
However, it appears that 110psi is the pressure requirement.
(yeah realize you can/could run less)

Is the indicated 110 psi correct?

If so, most/some of us who switched to Ribs back when, only needed 80psi rated wheels (which in most cases didn't require new wheels).

:@..:h

~

Believe you're right...Don't think they have an 80psi E rated tire. If not wanting to pay for wheels, I'd go with the RIBS.

Thanks Buddy,
Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We have been running ur Sailuns on 90# now for 2 years so far not a problem. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
Havenโ€™t seen a bad review on Sailun tires since I first read about them 4 years ago. I will look at them to replace my 5er tires when it comes time. High quality tires and very affordable.

Jim

Jim (and/or others);
I have seen all the good reports on Sailuns!!
However, it appears that 110psi is the pressure requirement.
(yeah realize you can/could run less)

Is the indicated 110 psi correct?

If so, most/some of us who switched to Ribs back when, only needed 80psi rated wheels (which in most cases didn't require new wheels).

:@..:h

~

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
How many miles did you get on your Sailuns? 2 trips = 10,000 miles?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ran RIBs for 40K+ and 6.5 years then R250 for 4 years before selling that trailer. I liked the tread and cost of the R250's over the Ribs. Both are great tires as a LRE LT tire. The Sailun S367 is a great LRG tire, and our new BH came OEM with them.

BTW I sold the used Ribs for 200 bucks on CL. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Both are a commercial grade all steel ply carcass tire and both are recommended for trailer use by Michelin and Bridgestone through emails....1-800 and their dealers.
Both are the holy grail of LT E tires especially all type of trailers including rv trailer so you can't go wrong with either.
Tirerack.com shows the LT E XPS Ribs at 266 bucks vs 213 bucks for the R-250
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The XPS Ribs are a commercial grade truck tire that are also certified by Michelin for use on trailers. I don't think the Bridgestones have that rating.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE