cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black tank flush overfill

sprintnut
Explorer
Explorer
Hooked city water to black tank flush and got distracted. Toilet was full but not overflowing. Water was running out belly of camper. No water on bathroom floor. Pulled black water drain valve. (It was already flushed out.) Let camper set until water quit running out of underbelly.
Now what? What is broke? How can I check it? Any input welcomed & appreciated.
Russ
Russ

2000 F350 & 1999 Newmar Kountry Star fifth wheel.
32 REPLIES 32

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would not say OP was lucky yet? Other than out the toilet, or out the roof vent, there is no place else to go. Something is damaged, likely the black tank. You will need to gain access to see where the problem is, by cutting a window, or removing a portion of the enclosed covering. If you have fiber insulation, that is wet, that will need to be removed/replaced.

Jerry

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Actually, you need to fix how you flush the black tank. Things can go very wrong when attention to detail is lost. When flushing, if anything distracts you, turn off the flush line. You got lucky once. The next time could get very ugly.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Memphisdoug
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is that you have a loose fitting vent pipe coming out of the top of your black tank and that is where the water that was in your underbelly was coming from. If that is the case there probably isn't anything you really need to "fix"
2006 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab
2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36RL