cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

black tank flush hook up

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a proper name for the connection for the black tank flush connection. Mine is spraying every where on the back side of the fitting. I cant seem to find the same one on the net anywhere . It looks the same as the city water hook up. Iam assuming there is a back check valve in it.
16 REPLIES 16

BillB3857
Explorer
Explorer
Do you use compressed air to clear the water from the line before winter freezes?
The way my Outback is plumbed, it will leave a hose full of water from the backflow preventer all the way down to the nozzle.
2004 Silverado LB7 D/A CC LB DRW 4x4, Firestone RideRites, Air Lift Compressor, Line-X Bed Liner, Retrax Bed Cover, Backup Cam, Pullrite Super 5th Hitch, Rear View Cam
AstroStart 2205A Remote Start
2014 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Trail-Air Pin Box

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^^. Just lucky! Someone on a DRV forum cane up with the parts.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Mine were behind the access panel for the shower valve

What Ron said ^^^^^.

Many trailers have been flooded by these cheap plastic valves. On our 2005 Cardinal in was up inside the computer desk of all places. Leaked the first time I used it. Went MIA!

Chris

Wife kept blaming me for water on the floor!

How in the world did those 90 degree adapters and the splitter line up so perfectly?
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

What Ron said ^^^^^.

Many trailers have been flooded by these cheap plastic valves. On our 2005 Cardinal in was up inside the computer desk of all places. Leaked the first time I used it. Went MIA!

Chris

Wife kept blaming me for water on the floor!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

What Ron said ^^^^^.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
lee worsdell wrote:
Is there a proper name for the connection for the black tank flush connection. Mine is spraying every where on the back side of the fitting. I cant seem to find the same one on the net anywhere . It looks the same as the city water hook up. Iam assuming there is a back check valve in it.
Where is it leaking exactly?

Connect your hose to an: inlet
Near the spray nozzle might be a: back-flow preventor.
In the supply line you may also have a back-flow preventor or anti-siphon valve.
Could be the nozzle fitting itself.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
I have been all through my camper and can find no anti siphon device I was thinking it had a check valve in the black water flush line.keystone paper work says if you have the black tank valve closed when you flush the tank you will over flow out the toilet but don't mention a anti siphon thing under sink or any place else. You would have to take the walls apart if it were located behind the shower .is it possible not to have one and only a check valve in the bk.flush line?It is a 2016 cougar

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just got rid of mine as they would leave a big puddle of water on the bathroom floor after flushing the tanks.

Filled the space with 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Look up Black Tank Flush Valve or "Black Water Tank Inlet". They are basically the same thing as a fresh water inlet, but usually have a black cap. They have no check valves in them. The check valve is located in the anti-siphon device, usually located inside the bathroom sink cabinet. It looks like this:

Beg to disagree. My water hook up fitting has a check valve. The check valve is to prevent black tank water from entering the supply hose and water system.

Water inlet w/ check valve
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Where is it leaking? Have you tried replacing the washer with the integrated screen? Last time I bought them, they were in a two pack, and maybe at Walley's.

Also since it goes to the black tank, i am prone to give that connection a little blast from the lube can.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
I have found that some of these black tank flush inlets are located in a small space where it is really difficult to get a tight connection.

At least for normal to large hands.

On more than one occasion I have had a partial body shower from not getting the tank flush connection fully seated.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 cougar and twice I have had the elbow for the fresh water fracture and leak.you have to take the elbow off and shine a flashlight inside the elbow to see the crack the elbows were black in color and the replacements were gray and look like they are made a lot sturdy .one the dealer replaced and the next one I did.regular hardware stores didn't carry it.I found the elbow at a RV store and the parts department said he has never seen that elbow in black.maybe someone found a load of cheap elbows and installed them at the factory.i do use a pressure valve and the campground has low water pressure

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Doogie in Elk Grove wrote:
Double check that the hose washer didn't fall out of the flush connection. I've had that happen and thought it was the connection when it was the lack of a hose washer in the connection.

Going by your post. I will have to agree with Doogie that you have lost the hose washer in the connection.