Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Slide out motor is toast

My motor on the big slide quit yesterday. Luckily its under our rv shed & we are not camped somewhere.I removed it to get pn & its a Venture Mfg m-9800B & after 3 calls to my dealer, Jayco,& e trailer to no info, did a search & found venture has a pa...

sayoung by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

GPS units

I have a Rand Mcn RVND7725 that the battery took a dump. They tell me its 99.00 to have repaired. Any one have experience with the newer model out there on market now. Heading into San Francisco and don't want to be without.

Towing In The Wind

For those of you who have transitioned from a motorhome over to a fifth-wheel, how do you feel it compares when you're traveling on those blustery days? We recently sold our 31' Class C and now have a 43' 5vr toy hauler, and while I've only put abou...

TWZMYJP by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck limit

I still need help to understand what TV I need, looking at a Durango Gold fifth wheel unloaded weight of 12250 lbs, and GVWR of 14,995 lbs.So my current truck is a 2018 Ram 2500, It has 6000 front axel and 6500 rear axel, 6.7 turbo diesel, door stick...

RickeyS1 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Anybody maxing out an F150, by J2807?

I am looking to trade out of my current F250, 6.7 diesel in 2020. My 5er is about 1240# on the pin and 9300# loaded for a long trip. I know it is light on the pin, but with two extra spare tires in the basement plus carrying everything in front, th...

Wind god provoked

I put my 5th wheel up on jacks this morning to do brakes and bearing repack.Wind god was provoked and responded with this:well rats. Tried to cut and paste the METAR from Rocky Mountain Metro Airport but I guess I'm provoking the forum editor god as...

gkainz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a smaller 5th 25-maybe 30'

Recently single and looking to purchase a smaller 5th before next winter, to head out and go boondocking this winter. It's just myself & I have 2 dogs and want to spend next winter on the road, since I lost the love of my life. Would like a toy haule...

dux5977 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Looked into Refinance of RV and disappointed

Well after reading horrible reviews of "Bad Sam, Bessex credit and or Bank of the Best ) swap the (B) for the real name... I still tried using their service. I was originally drawn to their website by their advertised low interest rates. My curre...

dehaile by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel Hitch Ripping off Camper!!??

Good evening,I'm posting this for information gathering. My mom who travels often with her 5th wheel for dog shows across the northeast broke down tonight. The hitch on the 5th wheel camper appears to be ripping off the camper itself. Seemingly a ...

Slide Supports

The question is does anyone put stands or any supports under the slide out when parked for extended period of time or is this a NoNo. And if you do what do you use. Thanks

pcaffrey by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Carriage slide problems

Has anyone had to replace the slide mechanisms on aCameo ( Carriage) 5 th wheel? Also, in BC, does anyone know of a good repair shop that does that kind of work?Thx!

Why understate the length

I bought a new 28' toyhauler. When I measured the outside of the box for a cover, I was shocked that it was 33' long (not including hitch). Why do manufacturers do that?

Fifth wheel hitch purchase

Hello everyone. Looking at purchasing a fifth wheel trailer my question is what is an average height of the fifth wheel hitch? I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Crew cab 4x4 diesel standard box and the trailer looking at buying is Sierra 384QBOK....