cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baggage Door Catch

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
One of my baggage door catches broke so I'm going to buy some new ones. The old ones are plastic and if I buy the spring loaded type they will be stainless. The new ones have the holes on a 3/4" center and my old ones are on a 1" center. I guess I'll have to mount them in a different spot and fill the old holes up with silicone if I go that route.

Another option I have is to go with the magnetic catches. Those of you who have had both, which ones do you prefer? Will one magnetic catch hold a fairly large door open?
4 REPLIES 4

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. If I can't find an exact replacement I'll probably try the magnetic catch.

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I just switched my main compartment door to 2 magnetic ones and I love them. They are very strong and holds my big door just fine.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
You can try E-Trailer or Tweety's. Between them they can match most anything.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not sure what brand baggage door latches you have, but if you google Challenger baggage door locks, you may find a match to yours. I ordered a couple of these, due to one of mine not wanting to release easily. They were an exact match, so I only replaced the one, which has worked great.

Jerry