cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back after a rough year with some good news about Lippert

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
It’s been a long and rough year with health issues for both Deb and I...but we are back...somewhat worn from wear but things are turning around...

We were returning to Michigan after a great two weeks volunteering at the big air show in Oshkosh Wi when I noticed a big problem with the frame on our 2018 Cyclone 4005. The rear hangar mount on axle 3 had failed allowing the axle to shift forward. This destroyed one tire...fortunately we at my daughters property when this was discovered.

After making a few phone inquiries, I called Lippert about the problem. They were polite and concerned. After making sure I was off the road and safe, they opened up a case file and asked for pictures...I sent them the pictures..

.This was on a Friday...Monday morning they called me to discuss repair options. LCI decided that an onsite repair was needed. They called me back later in the week to tell me they were dispatching a factory tech with a mobile welding rig to my location to do the repairs...and they did...

Yesterday, Robert, factory service tech, arrived as promised. What a true professional in all regards. He explained the repair process and then expertly completed the repairs. New bracket hangars were welded in place where needed and reinforcing gussets and angles were installed on the remaining hangars. Axle alignment was completed and he rotated my tires...after a complete cleanup and some maintenance tips, Robert left for home leaving a very satisfied customer...thank you Robert and LCI for stepping up and fixing the problem

LCI gets a lot of bad press here and on other discussion venues about quality, design issues and poor service...while the design apparently has some shortfalls we also know in the real world customers break anvils...in our case, LCI provided customer service that they can be proud of...and again Deb and I are thankful...

Currently we are finishing up two building projects for family but we will be back on the road in a couple of weeks heading for Iowa to help my cousin with his grain harvest...

Great to be back...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye
7 REPLIES 7

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 3 Lippert chassis. And all 3 were poorly designed and fabbed and had issues much like yours

However, their customer service is great. Heck I am even set up now in their system as a service provider for warranty.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We broke spring hangers twice and a spring once. Multiple blowouts. We paid for the repairs. Eventually Lippert replaced everything between the frame and the ground. They paid.

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
That's great. I'm glad you were somewhere where you could wait for them.

They really didn’t make me wait...they would have paid a local welder to repair it onsite if I was indeed stranded...they then wanted me to return to the factory at my convenience for complete factory approved and installed repairs. After explaining what my situation...the repairs here made more sense...and are backed by LCI...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert also came to our house on our last unit when the less then one year old springs started to flatten out, replaced all 4 in our driveway. Yes they get a lot of bad presss but nice to see a post when they fix their issues
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

dedmiston
That's great. I'm glad you were somewhere where you could wait for them.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to see your back and doing well.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Good deal for you but... If they had built it correctly in the first place, you would not have had to have it repaired.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB