Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATC 5th Wheel MSRP vs Purchase Price

mitchc1985
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all!

I'm looking at ATC's new 32' 5th wheel line. MSRP starts around 86k. I've never purchased a trailer or an RV before. I'm just curious: how much negotiation room is there in this realm? Do you typically end up paying near MSRP? If not, can I get an idea of how much under MSRP one should be able to negotiate?

Much thanks in advance!
-Mitch
8 REPLIES 8

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
What dealer are you buying from? We have an ATC toy hauler trailer - bought new last year from 99 Trailers in Oregon.

Base price for the same trailer went up $5k this year. We negotiated 16% off MSRP, which for ATC is pretty good. One thing they will not negotiate is the freight charge (3k for us), so that was a big chunk. We also added a LOT of options. Absolutely love our unit - ATC is a quality product and they stand behind it. They also listen to their customers.

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking at those also. Looked at a bumper pull owned locally and they look to be pretty nice. Said he dealt with the dealer in Des Moines and was good to work with, see you are out west so that may be far.

Hope you get a good deal, I'd like to have a good deal:).

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
be very careful they,ll shoot you a low deal then comes the extras you want a out the door figure, then wait and think about what your doing overnight.

mitchc1985
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the example numbers! I've heard these sort of percentages can happen. It's nice to hear concrete examples. Much appreciated.

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Our rig was listed for 95k, purchased for 61k
35% off MSRP should be your goal
We also purchased just before new models were coming out so dealer was willing to haggle

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
You will hear 30% and 35% bandied around frequently.
One thing you can also do is to use www.RVtrader.com or www.rvt.com
Use their advanced search and feed the information for exactly what you are looking at. It will then show you ads for identical models and the prices advertised by dealers.
You will find a wide variance in those prices, and will also find many variables in how the dealers transact their business.
Some will low ball a price, and then add thousands in fees and charges. Some will price their units straight out the door.
You can go tho the individual dealers websites from there and see their methods, no fee straight up dealers tend to promote heavily on their business models, dealers with a lot of add ons tend to not show much if any information on their sites.

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Take the make and model number. Just do a simple internet search on it. You will find the prices all over the place for the same model. It's crazy!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
don,t rush into this, till you,ve down alot of searching. sometimes rv,s are marked up 30k or more. search the net for this unit and see what others are paying.