cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th wheel lifting bracket

twinstick
Explorer
Explorer
Demco makes a 5th wheel lifting bracket that looks really nice. Only problem is it's $50. I have a winch in the ceiling of my basement, that for years I've used a strap to pull my hitch out. With my new b&w hitch it would be pretty difficult to use a strap. A friend and I made a few of these lifting bracket for ourselves. Only have a couple dollars in them, and they seem to work really well. They're modeled after the ones from demco, with a few changes.

35 REPLIES 35

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a hook to the garage joist and attached an electric winch. Used a tow strap to lift it out. I'll likely just leave it in from now on unless I really have to remove it because the tabs that fit down into the rails for the pins to go through are a pain in the neck to get lined up so all 4 drop in place. My set up is so tight and precise that it took me forever to get it to drop in.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Flinthillswinger wrote:
I have a hoist mounted in the bed of my truck. I use it to place my generator in the bed when we take it. Off load the B&W slider hitch base when I don't need it and to reload it it back into the bed. Purchased it for $75.00 at HF.

Please post a picture of your setup.
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

Flinthillswinge
Explorer
Explorer
I have a hoist mounted in the bed of my truck. I use it to place my generator in the bed when we take it. Off load the B&W slider hitch base when I don't need it and to reload it it back into the bed. Purchased it for $75.00 at HF.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just use the 5th wheel.......with 5vr hitched I pull the hitch pins and raise it using landing gear legs.
Leave it hanging from king pin.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I have to pull mine, which isn't very often at all, I separate the two pieces and take them out one at a time. A little awkward, but not that bad.

But that would be handy for use with access to a winch.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks nice. Separate the head from the base and they are not all that heavy.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD