cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016/2017 Cardinal 3850RL holding tanks?

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
All,

While I am awaiting delivery of my new Cardinal 3850RL, I've been reading up. I'm hoping another owner of a recently built Cardinal can help me with some knowledge.

The Cardinal has advertised Freshwater capacity of 64+12 gallons(fresh+water heater). And 120 gallons of waste(40 gallons of black tank, and two 40 gallon gray tanks). 3 levers in the docking station to dump.

What I've read is that one of the gray tanks isn't used for anything except the Washer/dryer? If that is true, I'll be upset. That seems like such a waste. While we are getting our unit with washer/dryer, I'd *never* consider actually using it unless on full hookup site.

I could envision galley on one tank, and shower/sink/washer on another.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL
6 REPLIES 6

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
transamz9 wrote:
One gray tank is for the upstairs gray water (shower/sink/WD) The other gray tank will be for kitchen and dishwasher if optioned with one.

That's the logical answer, I hope that's the case. Here is a thread from the FR website where owners of a similar, but not the same model said otherwise

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f22/black-and-grey-tank-question-108748.html
Dave

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
whoops, double post.
Dave

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
One gray tank is for the upstairs gray water (shower/sink/WD) The other gray tank will be for kitchen and dishwasher if optioned with one.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

Join the www.cardinalrvclub.org you will get the straight answer there and many other questions that you will be having. Tell them I sent you, and life continues on the dark side!! We sold our Cardinal.

Chris

thanks Chris. I've come across that site in all my web research. Looks like a good site, but doesn't get much activity. I've signed up, we'll see if I can get anyone to respond.
Dave

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
djousma wrote:
All,

While I am awaiting delivery of my new Cardinal 3850RL, I've been reading up. I'm hoping another owner of a recently built Cardinal can help me with some knowledge.

The Cardinal has advertised Freshwater capacity of 64+12 gallons(fresh+water heater). And 120 gallons of waste(40 gallons of black tank, and two 40 gallon gray tanks). 3 levers in the docking station to dump.

What I've read is that one of the gray tanks isn't used for anything except the Washer/dryer? If that is true, I'll be upset. That seems like such a waste. While we are getting our unit with washer/dryer, I'd *never* consider actually using it unless on full hookup site.

I could envision galley on one tank, and shower/sink/washer on another.

Join the www.cardinalrvclub.org you will get the straight answer there and many other questions that you will be having. Tell them I sent you, and life continues on the dark side!! We sold our Cardinal.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably not true. They all come with 3 tanks but they don't all come with washers. Usually the one tank is for washer and bathroom. Other tank is for kitchen.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS