cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Keystone Alpine Hydraulic Jacks 6 Jack System

Ronaldlee
Explorer
Explorer
Need advise. We just sold our motorhome and bought this Alpine so we are completely lost on some of its components. My front jacks are leaking down and I am trying to figure out why. Shows no leaks and the tank shows 1/2 full. Should I add fluid or could there be another issue causing this. Thanks for any advise.
9 REPLIES 9

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Ronaldlee wrote:
Thanks for the information. Upon further review I went underneath and the underbelly is sagging a bit which looks to me as if there is a hydraulic leak at the end of the living room slide which is hydraulic. Do not know if this is something I can fix or not. Do any of you have any advise as to how I should go about this. Thanks again for any input.

You can fix it, its a bit of wrenching is all, unless its the cylinder , but as said in my previous post , those lines are the cheapest hydraulic lines made, and do leak , but its also possible all you have is a loose fitting. The hardest part of the job is dropping that underbelly.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
rhochnadel wrote:
Were you able to fix your leak?

You could have a cylinder leak, a fitting leak , or the hose itself could have a leak. I finally had to replace all my hydraulic hoses on my previous Montana fifth wheel. Trust me if you have a hydraulic leak in those areas underneath the coroplast , its hard to tell where its at. My first leak was actually inside the battery compartment , a pin hole in the hydraulic line. It ran down the hose, underneath the coroplast, and found its way out in a low spot. I chased that leak for awhile until I finally found it .

Luckily , or unlucky depending on how you look at it, no leaks in the fittings or cylinders ,just the hydraulic lines ,except for one bad fitting. Reason I just went ahead ,and pulled all the lines , and ordered new lines with fittings, no more hydraulic leaks after that . There is a good online source to order these lines if needed. I pulled them ,measured ,sent them a fitting to make sure we had the right fittings ,and they built me all new lines.

On edit, Sorry I thought I was replying to the OP .

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
Were you able to fix your leak?
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a slide cyclinder leak it should be separate from the legs as each system has a separate solenoid .TWo things,leaking fitting on the hose,it takes very little,or the seals in the leg are bypassing internally.I have a 2014 Landmark ,had same issue.Loctite 5452 thread sealant fixed mine,easy fix.

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
My 2013 Alpine had some of same problems. I found a leak in one of the hoses (had to drop the coroplast on the front by the battery compartment) had a couple new hoses made up by a hydraulic repair place and I had one of the hydraulic jack cylinders rebuilt by the same repair facility. No more settling and no more hydraulic fluid leakage. Check the hydraulic hoses where they travel down behind the batteries.
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Your underbelly should probably be plastic panels that are just screwed in. Take a couple of panels off and see what you see. Post a couple of pics and we can go from there.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Ronaldlee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. Upon further review I went underneath and the underbelly is sagging a bit which looks to me as if there is a hydraulic leak at the end of the living room slide which is hydraulic. Do not know if this is something I can fix or not. Do any of you have any advise as to how I should go about this. Thanks again for any input.

Ronaldlee wrote:
Need advise. We just sold our motorhome and bought this Alpine so we are completely lost on some of its components. My front jacks are leaking down and I am trying to figure out why. Shows no leaks and the tank shows 1/2 full. Should I add fluid or could there be another issue causing this. Thanks for any advise.

DO NOT just add fluid on the basis the tank is low... the trailer MUST be hooked to the trailer( if front jacks are hydraulic ), all slides must be IN and all hydraulic jacks must be raised...

At that point you can check the level, because all the residual fluid will be back in the reservoir.. If you look with the slides out and jacks down it will look low as the lines and cylinders are all full of fluid that was in the reservoir.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure all your valves are shut tight in your front storage on the right mine when I first bought it had a couple that were not closed all the way just a thought
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner