cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Keystone Laredo 321BHS input

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Some may vaguely remember we have a 1997 Challenger 30RK which is more or less a project trailer the wife doesn't want to deal with any longer. I've definitely learned a lot with this trailer.

We may be biting the bullet on a 2011 Keystone Laredo 321BHS. Unfortunately, new isn't in the cards. We tried for a 2017 Volante 310BH (not comfortable with payment) and looked at a 2016 Rezerve 36DB (too big for this point in life, payment would have been up there too).

Tow Vehicle:
2006 F350 CC
4x4 Dually w/TowBoss (4.30Gears)
6.0 PSD

Trailer Spec:
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2011-keystone-laredo-fifth-wheel-floorplan-321bh-tr8752

Trailer Link:
https://www.freedomrvwi.com/all/31613/2011-keystone-laredo-321bhs

I did find THIS for the Laredo 'line' which was from new it appears.

I'm wondering if people are still using them and if there are any tips they could offer before we go in tomorrow.

I now know after looking the other day, they have rear floating wall.. dislike very much. I immediately thought delam. Hides potential issues. How much 'delam look/sound' is too much? Just don't know whats back there.

Aside from exterior rear wall, looks really clean from what little I know. We did a walk through but didn't do a real walk through with trying slides/appliances. Apparently that is a thing you do after purchasing..:/

After reading the rvnet link above, it appears the 2 drain pipes are labeled wrong? Makes sense because we were confused why the prev. owner had personal labels on them lol. Still not sure which is what and why they did 2 drains, makes extended stays with sewer a pita.

I'm pretty sure I seen the main plug was 50A, if yes, does that mean it's likely wired for 2nd AC? I've seen different models go between the 30 and 50.

Likes-
-Looks in better shape than current 30RK
-Reviews I could find appear to be good/really good
-More family friendly with bunkhouse
-Wife likes rear master
-1.5bath? (nice to have, not required)
-large basement storage
-50A for 2nd AC if needed (nice to have, not required)
-75G black/grey tank

Dislikes-
-Front bathroom configuration (not ideal for only dude in the family, but not a deal breaker)
-living/kitchen layout (not ideal, but not expecting to spend a ton of time inside it either.)
-2011? (would like new but guess we'll have to progress)
-Weight? (Within spec of TV but about 1k heavier on dry weight and 2k heaver loaded)
-Paperwork said "tires unknown condition"

I'm sure i'm missing something from either like/dislike but this is what stuck out.

I'll also be asking for the 20K Reese Goose Box and chains.
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK
1 REPLY 1

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
Update-

Was at dealer today.
It was agreed that the truck bed condition wasn't ideal for companion hitch so we will be putting the goose box on it.

-Confirmed it's 50A service with 2nd AC prewired.
-The rear blind was removed (was there Thurs but broken). They are going to fix/replace.
-1/2 bath faucet is missing cold handle. How? They are going to replace
-Tire condition is marked unknown, said they do this for all used RVs. No sign of dryrot, tread looks OK. Prob keep a year or two and replace when we do the TV tires. YEY! not ๐Ÿ˜„
-Listened to slides today, sounded smooth and quiet.
-Also learned (hopefully) that Laredo also hung the slide walls (width wall, not exterior wall)
-They will be going over it again to inspect. I called out one of the vent caps on the roof being damaged/loose.

Should know by EOD Monday when we can pick it up. Wait will likely be for hitch order/install though. Excited to take on extended trip over the 4th.
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK