cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07' Pilgrim Open Road 38' Fifth Wheel

ORPilgrim
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased an 2007 38' Pilgrim Open Road Fifth Wheel RV in July and I am staying in it mostly full time. It is equipped with an artic package with the "Ultra-Heat" pads. It has three rocker switches to turn the package on but without removing the underbelly I dont know what each switch controls? It isnt in the documentation or Owners Manual that I have. Does anyone know what each switch is for wihout me taking the underbelly down to find out? At the control panel near the tank monitor and all the slide out swithches ect. it has a single (white bezel with red lighted rocker switch) and horizontaly seperated by about 1"-2" theres an identical double bezel (white with two red lighted rocker switches)and underneath all three its labeled "artic package". Please advise,Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad

Two things first: (1) you need to write in paragraphs, your post is very tedious and nearly impossible to read. (2) You need to make this a New Post, no one will see it here; it is vastly overwhelmed by a 10 year old post that no one cares about.

Now to your problem, You need to check out the 12 volt side of the RV. Are any fuses blown (not breakers those are 120V, the 12V fuses)? Does the converter work? Do you have a 12V battery installed, is it connected properly, is it fully charged? Your problem seems to be the 12V system

You should have check the latest response to the OP's question dated Nov-19-2013 where he provided the answer to his problem. 

USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Actually my post was directed to KevinKessler at the end of this post. But somehow it didn’t come out that way. Chalk it up to being a beginner on the new format of this site.

ORPilgrim
Explorer
Explorer
To save someone else out there the trouble I have gone through.... I dropped the underbelly of my RV this past weekend and traced the wires to these heat pads. The single white switch controls the fresh water tank heater, the middle of the three controls the galley tank heater and the last switch from left to right controls two heat pads, one on the black tank and one on the grey tank. Thanks to those of you who replied to my forum question.

D_E_Johnson
Explorer
Explorer
i have an 07 38' open road by pilgrim with the artic pack. I only have 2 white with red lighted switches(have never used them)as we camp in Arizona in the winter.I think I have the documentation with me, will check my folder and let you know later what it says. I have 4 tanks, fresh, gray, galley and black. So I also don't know which ones have the ultra heat on them.Will try and get back to you today. Dona
Dona and Elvin

2010 Dodge Laramie 3500 4x4 Mega cab-in Pearl black/tan
2007 Open Road 359RL3S
2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have three switches so one each for fresh water tank, black waste tank and grey waste tank.

With a little water in each tank......turn on one switch then a few hours later open drain(s) and see which is warm. Label that switch. then turn on another one......repeat.

Top switch is probably fresh
Bottom two are probably waste tanks.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Hey I just bought a 2007 open road RV you living in it permanently I'm at an RV park the first week the electricity was working in the fridge the furnace and all buttons that control the slides the Wastewater tanks and everything else I had reached in the cabinet one day to grab something in my elbow hit one of the center button between the three I guess which would be the slide buttons okay I heard the motor trying to run on the kitchen slide well then all of a sudden all the electricity and everything went out I have not been able for a week now to get the power back on to the furnace to the refrigerator to the lights on the ceiling in any other light that is operated by the little Rocker buttons fluorescent lights I guess you would say or the the ones that come with RV I really need somebody's help and I don't know what to do this is all new to me don't have an owner's manual don't have no information second hand but so I'm very upset frustrated I don't know I checked all the breakers they seem to be coming off and on take Breakers and everything outside at the hook up seem to be okay I'm getting electricity in all the plugs and there's a ceiling fan that is been put in I'm getting light from that and the fan works but before all this happened the fan wasn't working all the plugs weren't working so it confuses the heck out of me now all the plugs are working the fan is working but none of the main stuff that I need like the refrigerator the furnace and all the buttons that operate everything I am at a standstill and lost I'm living in it permanently and going without a refrigerator had to throw it away $200 worth of food none of the buttons or anything work for the slides or anything and I need somebody's help please if you can help me check to all the fuses all the breakers those are all good is there any kind of information somebody can give me to if there might be another breaker box that is in or behind a wall panel somewhere else or something like that or what the heck could it be I'm at a standstill and a loss and I'm ready to just set it on fire and walk away which I won't because the only place I have to live just got a divorce and this is what I'm dealing with if I don't really need all this extra s*** if you can help please I'm begging you please I have no one to turn to it's just me