cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung RF18 leaking - fixed

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
I know a lot of us motorhome owners have swapped out our Norcold's for Samsung RF18 refrigerators. I have had my Samsung for a couple of years now and noticed water leaking into the bottom of the fridge compartment under the crisper drawers and freezing. I searched the internet and found this was a common problem with french door Samsung refrigerators and there are several YouTube videos on how to curtail the problem.

I won't bore you with details put I performed the easy fix and so far so good. Now to fix the sticks and bricks fridge.

YouTube Video
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR
2 REPLIES 2

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
and you never had to swap out a Norcold fridge either.

and it doesn't have to be an RF 18 to leak either.

Samsung fridges have this problem no matter size or where it resides.
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
1SG wrote:
I know a lot of us motorhome owners have swapped out our Norcold's for Samsung RF18 refrigerators. I have had my Samsung for a couple of years now and noticed water leaking into the bottom of the fridge compartment under the crisper drawers and freezing. I searched the internet and found this was a common problem with french door Samsung refrigerators and there are several YouTube videos on how to curtail the problem.

I won't bore you with details put I performed the easy fix and so far so good. Now to fix the sticks and bricks fridge.

YouTube Video

I wasn't aware you had to be a motorhome owner to have a Samsung RF18 refrigerator. I guess I'm in serious trouble since my Montana fiver came from the factory with one!? :W
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD