cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator Status LED Mod

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
I've started a mod to show the refer status in the top of the lower vent frame.
I used 3mm LED's with 980 ohm voltage drop resistance for the 12 volt circuits & 47K + a 1N 4007 blocking code for the 120VAC circuits.
  1. White - AC Power: Red - AC Heater
  2. Yellow - Fan Power
  3. Green - Fans Running
  4. Blue - Gas Valve Open

LED layout

Holes drilled #34 bit for a 3mm LED

Gas Mode

AC Mode

All done & closed up

This way I will be able to observe the fridge status from outside the trailer.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret
7 REPLIES 7

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Thats cool. I didn't see anything like that when I was looking so I have a regular indoor outdoor wireless thermometer to see the inside and outside temps.

For the fridge and freezer I have this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJVU78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I do have to walk inside the trailer and look on the stove hood where the display is attached so it's not as cool as yours. If and when my current temp deals die I will be getting the one you posted.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Muddydogs wrote:
Ok makes sense for your needs. Never understood why they like to put the fridge behind the slide and not run the operating lights out where a guy can see them. First thing I do when I stop is check the fridge lights then look at the fridge freezer temp.

I installed an Ambient Weather WS-10 Thermometer

facing the entry so I can see the current fridge & freezer temps by simply opening the door. It currently monitors 6 sensors.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Ok makes sense for your needs. Never understood why they like to put the fridge behind the slide and not run the operating lights out where a guy can see them. First thing I do when I stop is check the fridge lights then look at the fridge freezer temp.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Muddydogs wrote:
Why? If your fridge is on auto you should know if you're plugged in or not so you know if the fridge is on AC or gas.
Might be nice to know when the fan is running but what do you care if it has power? If its not turning on you could figure it doesn't have power.
Why worry about the gas valve being open? Its either running on propane or electric if on propane when you hear the fridge running you can bet the gas valve is open.
I guess it seems kind of silly to me but that's my opinion.

Our Trailer sits parked behind the barn through the winter months. I can see from the bedroom window at night if it still has power from the barn (With the fridge off only the AC LED will be lit).

I use Enermax fans with the twister magnetic levitating bearing which is impossible to hear without a screwdriver or a tall glass to the ear.

We have experienced an occasional flame out while traveling and other than running the large slide out at every stop to confirm the LP alarm is not flashing on the fridge inside. I found the board removes the fan supply voltage when in the LP alarm state. So I can confirm all is well with just a glance as I check bearing temps or pass by on the way to the restroom etc. (I do a walk around at every stop)

With the Attic Thermostat set @ 100*F & on electric, the fridge keeps the freezer @ -2 to 4*F with outside temps in the high 90's and no A/C running. The fridge stays between 35 & 38*F.
George & Cathy
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Impressive!
May I suggest another refrigerator mod I would sure like to have? An auto shutoff when unlevel and not moving.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Why? If your fridge is on auto you should know if you're plugged in or not so you know if the fridge is on AC or gas.
Might be nice to know when the fan is running but what do you care if it has power? If its not turning on you could figure it doesn't have power.
Why worry about the gas valve being open? Its either running on propane or electric if on propane when you hear the fridge running you can bet the gas valve is open.
I guess it seems kind of silly to me but that's my opinion.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Nice idea and well done job.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab