cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raised toilet, what’s underneath

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
I need to lower this down some with the upgraded toilet, it’s just to high. Just wanted to see if anybody had a guess what’s under there before I go tearing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uerub1h9h8z2j9s/A192FE76-E6B0-4073-90A9-BA4248E175E9.jpeg?dl=0
15 REPLIES 15

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Hornnumb2 wrote:
Yes it’s low profile at 13.5. With that ledge it’s at 23. The poor 5ft wife can’t touch the floor.

Personally, I wouldn't broach the subject, but you could ask her to camp in high heels. :B

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
In my Class C, the toilet is sitting on top of a wheel well.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like 4 screws holding on the metal trim. I'd start by removing those and see if the front panel is stapled. The panel might also be glued to any support numbers so you might be able to pull the staples and then carefully peel the panel using a putty knife to find out, WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue with my Bounder. I found nothing under there but the drain pipe and fresh water to the commode. I cut the riser to the required height and did a little replumbing with some 3" ABS and shortened the fresh water line.
I suggest you don't cut an opening to see what is under there. Remove the commode and the top of the riser to see what you are getting into.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
This will help AND slide back against the stool to minimize clearance issues. A son in law was prescribed one of these to help with evacuation.

squatty potty

Won't work. No way to slide it back under the platform the toilet sits on.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
This will help AND slide back against the stool to minimize clearance issues. A son in law was prescribed one of these to help with evacuation.

squatty potty
Puma 30RKSS

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately it’s is so tiny in there already any little step would just be in the way.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
my guess is power and water lines. build her a custom little stool for right infront of it, that will be easier.

X2
Build a narrow step that is 1/2 the way up the platform.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
my guess is power and water lines. build her a custom little stool for right infront of it, that will be easier.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is unfortunate,it may not work removing it.

What I found with my late,vertically challenged partner,it was easier to raise the floor than lower the offending structure.

Maybe Something Like This may work,small,portable,adjustable even comes with it's own bag.

Good Luck,being 6 ft 6 and sharing the world with a person 5 ft 2 can sometimes be a challenge :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Cut an access window on the front and take a look inside. Can always make a panel to cover over the access window.

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it’s low profile at 13.5. With that ledge it’s at 23. The poor 5ft wife can’t touch the floor.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Now that’s a throne!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be many things! Plumbing, heat ducts or wiring.
Drop box photo

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker