cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New entry door clear window

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the replacement Edwin window for my door. Pretty easy project and I love the results. No more frosted glass window. Just have to find a shade now for night time!

Outside before and after:

Inside before and after:

Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0
12 REPLIES 12

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the blinds suggestion. I installed a shade and built a valance to hide it. Not too fancy but it does the trick.

Greg and J

ianmac23
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 thank you for showing this upgrade. I have always wanted to do something like this and was not aware that Atwood made replacement window. I think I know what I am putting on the upgrade list for next year.
2010 GMC Sierra, 1500, SLT, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.2L, Max Towing Package,2011 Keystone Passport Ultralight Limited Edition

bluka43
Explorer
Explorer
The DW also wanted to replace the frosted glass on our 5th wheel door. She wanted stained glass and you guessed it.......stained glass is what she got. Each one of those pieces are individual pieces of glass (leaded in). The lady that made it said it was a one of a kind and although she's made some similar since then but that didn't contain pieces quite so small. She'll not make another exactly like this one. Too labor intensive. I have to say that the DW got many comments on it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kenny

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just lovely.... ๐Ÿ˜ž Another must do item to add to my mod list!

Looks very nice! ๐Ÿ™‚ I've wondered if there is such a thing available. Do I see a photo where someone has removed the screen from the upper part of the screen door? In order to reach the slider window on the door, if the screen is there you need to reach around it which I can see being awkward. Is there a way around this other than removing the screen?

There is a micro-mini blind available that will fit between the door glass and screen door. We're going to get one for our bedroom door. micro-mini blinds It is 3/4" thick overall and just enough to fit in the gap.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
That door window looks like a window that is normally installed in the wall. Looks like one we have in our motorhome that sits next to the door behind the chair. We also have a shade with a valance.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! I just got back from Home Depot with a shade!
Greg and J

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
gregrc75 wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Yep they are great I did mine A while back

Nice pictures.

Your thread helped convince me to go ahead with this! Thanks!

I'm glad it worked out for you!
Like D.E. Bishop I also have a light blocking rollup shade with a valence to hide it when retracted.

Just another Hey where did you get that moment brought to you by RV.NET :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I also installed it last fall. it is a great addition.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We have a light blocking rollup shade with a valence to hide it when retracted.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
That is a great idea. You might look at reflective window films at Lowes as an alternative for a window shade. Careful tho-privacy is gone if the lights inside are too bright.

A second option is to try the "limo" approach for privacy. Use a smoked glass film and install some small LED lights outside next to the door at eye level. Your porch light might work OK for that purpose.

* * edited * *
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

Nice pictures.

Your thread helped convince me to go ahead with this! Thanks!
Greg and J

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II

Nice pictures.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692