cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric up-grades

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I got quite a bit done today. Ran the wires for the Victron BMV-700 Battery Monitor. The wires for the remote on/off for the AIMS Power 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter. Installed both units inside. Then moved on to the install of the
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C and remote display.

2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
12 REPLIES 12

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Star,

That is really pretty so far. I will take the time to interject two things from a long time of personal experience.

First is a real simple at this time. I suggest that you flip that single small feeder from the positive post over the divider to the input (or output) side of the 300 amp breaker. You will most likely never have to mess with the batteries in the daylight on a nice day and if there is more than a single connection to a battery post, it can be done wrong. (The 4/0 don't count because they are like bending pipe.)

Next is another based on experience. Get a label maker. Label every wire that you know what does, even if you can see both ends. The is will save your bacon at some point and then you will be glad you did this.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I’m envious of your freedom to work on your RV in winter. Ours doesn’t fit into the garage and it has been -25C all day.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

htss
Explorer
Explorer
Would love to hear how well the AIMS is working for you. I have it on my wish list for purchase this spring. I also have the victron battery monitor.
2012 Chevy 2500HD DA - 2009 Open Range (33.5' fifth wheel) - B&W Companion - 40 gallon aux tank - Myself, wife and two kids

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
A few steps closer. I moved the batteries to the front compartment of the fifth wheel and made battery box. Yes it is vented just not in the pics. I made all the 4/0 battery wires. Thanks Steven Karl for the proper wire diagram. and ran them into the old battery compartment, witch is now the electronics room. With the 3000w inverter the Neg shunt for the BMV-700 battery monitor and future home of Victron smart solar charge controller. I will add a - and + buss bar tomorrow then hook up + line for the BMV . I feel like i am getting somewhere now.

tucker the fishing dog

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
starcraft69 wrote:
bob213 wrote:
At least they left all the wires organized for you 😉

Right!!!! There really is no good way to clean them up. They cross over, under and in-between but i will take shot at it.

Looks like a hurricane hit the spaghetti factory. Good luck!
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
starcraft69 what will you run with the inverter?

No one thing specific Just the ability to run what ever i need at any given time. This is Phase #1 of electric Independence and a 1200 watt solar set up.
tucker the fishing dog

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to mount the Victron monitor inside. On the last rig, I used the Bluetooth module exclusively. Not sure if I'm missing out on anything with that plan.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
starcraft69 what will you run with the inverter?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:

Right!!!! There really is no good way to clean them up. They cross over, under and in-between but i will take shot at it.
tucker the fishing dog

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Gettin’ ready for Spring!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Looks really good.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game