cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette Bike Storage

EagleScout-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Good day. We have been towing more often with our SUV to permit friends and family to join in. Doing so, has meant no bikes. We are looking for an inexpensive way to safely transport 4 bikes on the dinette of our Jayco 26BHS. We do not have a receiver mounted on the TT and do not have a TT rated bike rack. I recall reading about some options in the past to use the dinette with wheel/fork mounts, but my search keeps coming up empty. If you have done that or have see anything posted lately, I would be grateful for a response. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I finally built a back bumper on my fiver so I can use a bike rack. Before that, I removed the front bike wheels and one of the paddles so I could lay them flat in the basement and I put a shipping blanket in between them and that kept them from getting banged up or scratched. Maybe you can do that if you can remove your dinette table. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

EagleScout-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the direction regarding searching for a particular topic. That is very helpful, as it was my first need to find a specific thread. With regard to all of the other issues, transport was indeed our only concern. (If a thief should want my wife's 25 year old Huffy, that would likely be her only motivation for something new - then she wouldn't want to leave a new bike outside!) Thanks for the help.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Transport in the dinette area solves only the transport issue. Youโ€™ll have no ability to eat lunch at your table and upon arrival at your campsite the bikes must be moved outside for the nightโ€ฆsubject to the rain, dust and theft. HIGH quality bicycles deserve better. If the bikes are from Walmart, wellโ€ฆ

You are reading too much into the post. The OP asked about transport only!
We should assume he has the rest under control!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Transport in the dinette area solves only the transport issue. Youโ€™ll have no ability to eat lunch at your table and upon arrival at your campsite the bikes must be moved outside for the nightโ€ฆsubject to the rain, dust and theft. HIGH quality bicycles deserve better. If the bikes are from Walmart, wellโ€ฆ
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Google Search in the form of:

site: rv.net topic

where the word topic is insert the subject of your search.

site colon rv.net subject
Buying A Rental Class C

EagleScout-USA
Explorer
Explorer
That is exactly what I was looking for (but unable to find in my search?). Thank you for sharing!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are several that have been posted on the Forum,This thread may be of interest,scroll thru the pages to get some ideas.

Dinette Bike Storage

Here is another one
Buying A Rental Class C