DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help with inverter wiring

I am installing an inverter in my 5th wheel. smallish one, 1200watts. basically only used to fire up the entertainment system on rainy days and coffee maker in the morning....I have it hooked up to the batteries via a 200A fuse, have a 12AWG SOW wire...

stef57 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone tried to add a sky light?

Our trailer could use some natural light inside. I would like to add another dome type sky light similar to the ones typically found in RV showers. If there's not enough room I would settle for a couple of extra vents. I would like to hear from so...

Outside fridge vent covers-keep wasps out?

So I noticed yesterday on our Jayco that wasps had gotten into the outside fridge vent covers and started building a nest. Has anyone modified these with some smaller screens to keep flying insects out? Or better yet, can a fix be bought on the int...

dragr1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

DIY FORUM DISCRIPTOR

To all DIY participantsBarney and I have had the IT people change the descriptor to the DIY forum which now reads:"Show and tell us about your modifications & upgrades for all types, makes, and models of RVs" Also please note hat there are no longer ...

LAdams by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes