cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the little things

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
The previous owners left the coach pretty much as they bought it with very few changes. That meant there were no extra hooks or baskets or towel bars etc. I’ve been putting that stuff in. And making decisions about how to store the camping stuff from our old RV.
I bought several metal file baskets from Walmart and some metal file folder racks from Wayfair to add storage. The file baskets fit in the over the door shelf. The file racks are for shoes at the door. A shoe rack was too wide but these file baskets are narrower than the door safety bar.

I installed a tv in the bedroom area on a locking arm. And I’m using the metal file baskets where they seem to make sense.

I installed an Anderson plug for the light in the basement so it would be easier to remove the panel to work on the plumbing.

And added a couple of extra 12volt power/charging outlets. One on a light in the bunk area to charge a phone while sleeping.

One at the kitchen to run the 12 volt crock pot.

And an extra one near the bedroom tv to install a cell booster with an outside antenna.

Several other ideas taken from here and the internet like the wine rack for extra towels.

And the slide out pantry shelves.

It’s been just over two weeks and I have several more projects in mind. I sure love these so glad I’m retired!
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
High quality mods. Well done.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
We also use this for flip flops. It’s an over the door hat holder. But flip flops hang well on it too.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
The previous owners had it for 2 years and put over 20,000 miles on it. But they kept it immaculate. They said they have had several RV’s including airstreams. Maybe they sell every couple of years to maintain resale value. I didn’t ask. I’m a long holder of vehicles. So I take most of the value out of them for myself. We do that with all our vehicles. I’m so glad we found this one!

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Good stuff. Been looking for ideas to stash flip flops. Was thinking some type of box on the ground. But hanging on the wall is a great idea. Worse part about going camping is dealing with all the little household items that need to be put away before the trailer can be mobile again.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like the previous owners didn't have the TT for very long to add their personal touches, maybe the layout, size, or whatever did not suit them and knew they were going to sell rig early on.

I've seen too many used RVs in the past where owners went way overboard on making changes, at times losing the original appeal that made them purchase the RV in the first place, not always good for resale.

We love making mods to the RVs we have owned, mostly to improve functionality of the rig. We replaced mattresses, added powered vent fans/covers, installed inverters and boosted charging and battery reserves.