cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC/Heat Pump Leaking

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

I have trouble with my A/C leaking/dripping water on the floor. This happens whether on A/C or heat pump. . . when the compressor is running. I have a 2021 Coach House with a roof top Dometic vented. On a trip back to the factory, they could not find a problem inside. The channel that collects moisture from the condenser is not blocked. They thought perhaps the gasket around the unit on the roof was leaking so they replaced it. That did help considerably, but last night it started to drip again. I've been running the heat pump, but temps are not below 53* . I am headed back to the factory for a different repair, but wondered what I might have them look at.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
2 REPLIES 2

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

That's weird. You would think they could just run the AC and watch the drip and see where it's coming from. Has anybody tried pulling the top off the AC unit and putting a garden hose in the drip tray at a low rate and let water run for 10 minutes? I would ask them to pull the AC again and turn it over and see if maybe the drip tray is damaged or something. While it's off is the roof flat under the unit or is there an uneven seam in the decking that doesn't allow the gasket to make a good seal? Sure would be nice if we still had Doug Rainer on this forum to give some input.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

I know they had the cover off and put a new gasket around the unit. They could see it dripping but could not trace the origin. I did pull the filter out last night and it was pretty dirty, so washed it and put it back. Last night I ran the heat pump all night again and it did NOT drip. So I did look on line and there were several scenarios that would cause it. I will talk with them about it tomorrow.

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/