cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to our RV.net??

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III

Wow! As one of the original members from the mid 2000's I intensely hate this change. The change I assume is to meet vision impaired government mandated viewing legislation requirements. I was logged in not long ago and so no notice of this wholesale change. There is way to much wasted white area that must be scanned and scrolled through continuously to keep me. After over 15 years of contributing to and learning from this community I suspect my days on here are numbered. It's like I have lost an old friend. And yes I've been on here long enough to know several users that have passed away and I am feeling like RV.net has passed away too now.

2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gitane59

No government here just the Good Sam Team. 

We are sorry to hear you do not like the "wasted white space". We recommend zooming in on your browser to eliminate some of this.

We are always looking for feedback from our loyal users, especially the RV.net Alumni from the mid-2000s. If you have something specific you would like us to look into we are always happy to listen! 

Thanks again for giving the new community a chance. We hope to see you here again soon! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III

lol people really hate change!  I too prefer the old forum, it was simple and easy if outdated but calling the "new" site a disaster is a bit ridiculous.  Even if they went back to the old forum these people would just find something else to complain about.  

Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

I supposed it's possible that they are using bots to try to keep the board alive until people come back.

But I think it's more likely that we're used to the moderators being on top of the bots and now while they want to help; They are just as new to this as we are and are still trying to get it under control.

One thing I've been doing is use the Report Inappropriate Content (aka Notify moderator) button on the offending post. Just hover over the check mark right above that posts date and time and at the bottom of the drop down is the report button. I've reported a few suspect posts mostly links to ads and such and the mod has been pretty quick in dealing with it.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

mexicanpiloto13
Explorer III
Explorer III

Rv net use to be so good. its a disaster now

Hey @mexicanpiloto13 and @Moparguy 

Is there something you are looking for that isn't here? We are constantly making changes based on feedback from our valued community members, especially our OG RV.net members.  If you have an idea or suggestion let me know. I am here to help. 

Thanks, 

Evan Seegmiller
Community Manager

One more time: We've given you a bunch of suggestions - all of which are ignored. 

AGAIN, go back through the comments, don't ignore the hard ones and MAKE THE CHANGES WE'VE ALREADY SUGGESTED multiple times!

What good would it do to reiterate the problems with the site when you don't make any changes? If you wan't to know what needs work, read the previous posts and act upon them but don't keep asking what to do when you already have a long list.

Hey @ScottG

We are always working to make changes and updates to the community. That's one of the many benefits of a new site. We can make changes and fix things if and when they break. While I cannot fix every single issue, I am working constantly to improve the site based on all user comments. However, issues that you have brought up in the past like "wasted white space" is not an easy or overnight fix. That being said we have made note of it and we are always looking for ways to improve on it. 

Even if I cannot fix or improve it immediately we always want to hear from our users. 

Thank you again! 

Strange thing, but I'm having a hard time believing that you're "making changes based on feedback"....  A quick read (again) through the comments/community feedback, etc, shows that folks really don't like the new layout.  Folks, figure it out: it sucks.  And having to log in every single time one tries to look is, well, stupid.  It drives people away. 

Even old, retired and useless members with ton's of time on their hands (oh, that would be me...) don't and won't spend extra time trying to figure stuff out if there is no return on the investment. 

Long term, I fear you're killing a pretty decent and stable forum.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Now that I think about it, the responses we've been getting sound just like a bot. Probably a feature of the new bulletin board S/W.

@ScottG wrote:

Now that I think about it, the responses we've been getting sound just like a bot. Probably a feature of the new bulletin board S/W.

While there are many bots to worry about in public places like Facebook, political ads, etc. This is the last place I would expect to see them.   😀

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

@ScottG - I can confirm that I am not a bot... or is that something a bot would say? haha

I promise you that I and all the other mods are real individuals, who genuinely want to help you and the community. Thank you for checking on us though. 

Hey @Reality_Check

We have added Truck Camper Group, Toy Hauler Group, Tow VehiclesInternational Travel, and Around The Campfire based on user feedback. We have also increased the session/logout time from 30 min to two hours and are currently working on making it even longer. The time to edit your post has increased as well. We have also added Unread Posts and My Groups to the home page. This is just to name a few. All of these are based on user feedback from the valued members of the RV.net and Good Sam Community. 

This being said, if you have something you want to see within the community, please let me know! We have several items we are working on in the background to continually improve the community and would love to hear your ideas. 

Thanks and I hope this helps,  

Evan Seegmiller
Community Manager

Appreciate the response and effort;  the log out is a joke.  Try this: if I don't log out on my system, don't do it for me.  I know of no other forum that logs me out.

And i think the biggest thing that I see repeated that is not getting addressed: this doesn't look or operate like a 'forum'.  Believe it or not, not being FB like is a good thing.  The layout, the ability to easily search and peruse and catch up, is completely gone.  It's butt ugly and awkward.  

There, I'm letting you know.  Cheers.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

@Reality_Check wrote:

Appreciate the response and effort;  the log out is a joke.  Try this: if I don't log out on my system, don't do it for me.  I know of no other forum that logs me out.

And i think the biggest thing that I see repeated that is not getting addressed: this doesn't look or operate like a 'forum'.  Believe it or not, not being FB like is a good thing.  The layout, the ability to easily search and peruse and catch up, is completely gone.  It's butt ugly and awkward.  

There, I'm letting you know.  Cheers.

On the old RV.Net it made sense to not sign out. I did not sign out for years then.

The problem nowadays is that most sites require signing in each time. That is because of all the hacking of sites going on now. It is not safe to leave people signed on when not actually using the forum. It's just something we all have to live with now.

😑

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29