cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to our RV.net??

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III

Wow! As one of the original members from the mid 2000's I intensely hate this change. The change I assume is to meet vision impaired government mandated viewing legislation requirements. I was logged in not long ago and so no notice of this wholesale change. There is way to much wasted white area that must be scanned and scrolled through continuously to keep me. After over 15 years of contributing to and learning from this community I suspect my days on here are numbered. It's like I have lost an old friend. And yes I've been on here long enough to know several users that have passed away and I am feeling like RV.net has passed away too now.

2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gitane59

No government here just the Good Sam Team. 

We are sorry to hear you do not like the "wasted white space". We recommend zooming in on your browser to eliminate some of this.

We are always looking for feedback from our loyal users, especially the RV.net Alumni from the mid-2000s. If you have something specific you would like us to look into we are always happy to listen! 

Thanks again for giving the new community a chance. We hope to see you here again soon! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Moparguy
Explorer II
Explorer II

Same here! I was a member since 2003. The old site only needed a few tweaks! This new one is awful. With as many other rv forums and facebook, I’ll go with those. Good luck to those who think this is great!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

"Wasted white space" is really a good way to describe it. We were able to see so much more information at a glance before. Zooming in isn't going to help with that.

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gitane59

No government here just the Good Sam Team. 

We are sorry to hear you do not like the "wasted white space". We recommend zooming in on your browser to eliminate some of this.

We are always looking for feedback from our loyal users, especially the RV.net Alumni from the mid-2000s. If you have something specific you would like us to look into we are always happy to listen! 

Thanks again for giving the new community a chance. We hope to see you here again soon! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Short learning curve for me and I can easily find the different subject/topics subforums and threads. Cheers

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III

I understand that bugs will have to be worked out, but this format is difficult to use. Used to be all categories were laid  out on one page, easy to see. Now you have open new tabs for different subcategories and hunt through them. Not user friendly. I'll be glad when there's a New Posts button. Ugh!!

JK 

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

So much wasted white space. I can barely even stand viewing and searching on here. After 20 years on RV.net I may have to give up on this net community. Hey administrators anyone listening? 

2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

@gitane59 wrote:

So much wasted white space. I can barely even stand viewing and searching on here. After 20 years on RV.net I may have to give up on this net community. Hey administrators anyone listening? 

If you read my following link below it will give you ways to eliminate most of the wasted white space between posts or replies. 

Setup for posts using less wasted space. - Good Sam Community - 3636547

This should help for now. It has worked for me. 😉

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Super helpful @MNtundraRet! Thank you for sharing!