cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unread Discussions - A Start But Improvement Needed

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II

The new Unread Discussions function helps. But here a couple of enhancements I would like to see.

1. List only the *FIRST* unread post in a discussion, not *EVERY* unread one. Today's first page has 3 entries for "Autimatic Transfer Switch? ", 3 entries for "Looking for 2008 Monaco Safari Simba 35SFD manual" and a bunch for "Introduce Yourself!". point me to the first unread post and I can find the rest of them. Listing every unread posts chews up screen space and causes unnecessary paging.

2. Provide a Filter for which sub-forums I will see Unread Discussions" from. I don't care, nor want to see the motor home or truck camper sub-forum's unread posts. they have no interest to me. It is just more junk to have to see and skip over.

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line
2 REPLIES 2

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

I agree the unread discussions could use some help. One thing I do that helps is click on the View All at the bottom of the discussions. Then when you get to all the unread discussions look just under the Unread Discussions title and click on the click on "discussions" instead of the default "Posts" That will list just she headings. Or just click on this link that does it all for you. I have that link bookmarked and on my bookmark toolbar so I can find it easier.
Link 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Thanks! I missed the "Discussions" box. That helps with the clutter. That leaves "how to filter" forums if no interest to me.

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line