cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting by newest post? Truck camper restoration?

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad

Regardless of forum (group) none are sorted by selecting the recent option? Sometimes the most recent post will show then one 2 years old then one a week-just all mixed up?

Also the truck camper group, most past posts are still under travel trailer? 

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com
4 REPLIES 4

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Part of the problem is some of us will reply directly to a certain reply made by a certain person's reply. These posts should stay right after the person's reply we replied to. That does not seem to always happen. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad

Ahhh-yes. Hadn't looked but new response to older post puts back on the 'recent' list. Rv net was also like that.  I guess because there are so few actual new posts (verse replies to older posts) that I  assumed it wasnt sorting-my error. That and the way topics are displayed. 

As far as moving content-nothing particular, just when scrolling back in TC forum just not a lot of content or jumps several years.

Would be nice if the topics page  for given 'group' displayed title,  date and last reply date instead of including first few lines of post  (or the option). Just takes to much space. but...

still trying to get comfortable with the new forum....Thanks

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @AnEv942 & @MORSNOW

Regardless of where you are within the community, you should always have the option to sort the replies "Newest to Oldest" or "Oldest to Newest". You can find this above and to the left of the first reply.  

As far as moving content you are correct! We still need to move a lot of content. If you see an important post and you want me to move right away feel free to tag me in it. Otherwise, I will spend some time today manually moving more content over from TT to TC. 

Finally to your point about older posts with new comments. That is what makes this community so great. There are years and years of expert knowledge here. New RVers and community members are coming here and asking questions/finding solutions every single day. We are relying on you all to help them get answers to their questions even if it is on a post that is 10 years old! 

Thank you both for your feedback! 

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

In the truck camper forum they are sorted by the last reply, not when the original post was made.  The problem in the past few days was someone new commenting on old posts bringing them back to the top pointlessly.  

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded