cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Session Expiration?

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II

What is the Session Expiration time frame? One hour, two, three or ?.  It is a moderate PIA to have to logon each time I visit. In the RV.Net days (and most other forums I belong to), you can stay logged on for days.  I have a browser window dedicated to RV forums and I go from one tab to another checking for updates (oh yea, easily finding "updates" here is a "future objective").  Is it possible for the G.S. Forum to allow extended logons?

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Everyone! 

We just worked to extend the session expiration time. It was only 30 min but now we have updated it to 200 min (just over 3 hours). For security reasons, this was the maximum amount of time we were allowed. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

@Carl_n_Susan @way2roll @MastEvac71 @Y-Guy 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

When I return to this new site I am still always signed in.  So far. All is good.

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4, 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 V10, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, 1998 Dodge Ram 1500

dedmiston

A password manager can help with this. On my laptop and iPad, I only have to provide my fingerprint and then the app auto-fills my password.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Everyone! 

We just worked to extend the session expiration time. It was only 30 min but now we have updated it to 200 min (just over 3 hours). For security reasons, this was the maximum amount of time we were allowed. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

@Carl_n_Susan @way2roll @MastEvac71 @Y-Guy 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

30 minutes or 200 minutes. Not much difference in reality. 

Will you explain to me the "security reason" behind the 200 minute limit?

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Is it a hard 200 mins, or does the timer reset when you visit the site?

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Thanks Team

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III

Not sure what the timeout length is but it seems I have to sign in every time I visit the site. I never had to sign back in on the old site. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Y-Guy

I thought it was just me having that issue.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Google signs in for me.  Everything is good.