cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously? What a mess.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III

This is typical of the absolute minimization applications and websites these days - Let's HIDE everything, and make it a game to go find anything.

Here's an example of a functional forum:

SS 2023-11-17 at 08.36.03.png

RV.net needed a GUI refresh, but instead, GS destroyed it.

I quit going to Camping world years ago because of the shenanigans, and this is yet another thing I'll delete off my "like to do" list.

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L
8 REPLIES 8

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Some folks don't like any change or new a direction.  New site is okay for me.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

After a short learning curve I now have a good feel for this forum.  Better than the old RV Net with their

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

Definitely agree. I frequent a brand specific forum similar to your post. And it is far superior to what they have done here. 

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III

Didn't you read our comments?

Both Joebedford and I've suggested what would make this a better forum, yet you respond with "This being said we would love to hear where we can improve!".  I've seen other's comments as well; we are saying: Give us a forum that is similar to what we had on RV.net and is used for other sites.  I showed an image of https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/ , and if you visit the site, there is ONE page listing all of the categories and subcategories.  Each category can be collapsed if desired, and it stays that way on future visits.  We have to paw through pull down menus to go to each category, then we get a list of posts with a long summary in each... NO!  Give us a list of topics, then if we want to investigate, we can hover the mouse over the topic to see the summary, then click if we want to open the topic.  This is the way it is on the vast majority of forum type sites, and for good reason. 

Also, I've notice I have to log in again each day.  I do that all day long with work applications, and sometimes multiple times. That gets old fast.

The current implementation reminds me of the social sites like FB, etc. that "feed" you a string of posts... I don't use any of those social sites for that very reason - they do not present the information in a logical, repeatable and usable manner.

I could suggest a lot more, but I feel I'm wasting my time.  I'll check back from time to time, but it's likely our suggestions will fall on deaf ears.  I'd like to see you prove me wrong, and will be happy to admit that if there are significant changes.

Didn't you read our comments?

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

Do you remember what rv.net looked like? Make this like that.

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BruceMc

Sorry to hear this is how you feel about the updated Community. Our #1 goal is to make this the best community platform possible for our users. This being said we would love to hear where we can improve!  Is there something you are looking for that you cannot find or maybe an area that you would like to be added to the community? We have been listening to the community members and already have made some amazing updates based on their feedback and will continue to make changes! 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

An automatic canned message to avoid actually addressing the stated concerns. 
That certainly doesn’t help. 

That's BS you have ruined this site!!!!

2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage