cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Change Default Layout in New Forum?

adamis
Nomad
Nomad

One of the biggest annoying things about the new layout is the lack of density of the topics. Whereas I used to be able to look at a page and see about 30 topics and know what was new since I logged in, all without scrolling, now I have to scroll several pages to see what's new because the new forum wants to give you a preview paragraph of each post.

Is it possible to change this default layout to only show the title of a posts in the lists of posts to make things more compact? I looked around in the settings but couldn't find anything obvious. Are there any Good Sam moderators here that can make these changes?

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
5 REPLIES 5

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

There are a number of things that can improve the current situation. 

The one thing that helps the most is to change the Zoom for this site. It is found under the 3 dots on right side of the URL line. Lower the zoom to the smallest type size that you can still read. This will shrink the wasted space.

After that you can go to your settings. Check all the categories. I changed the 15 default per screen to 30 per screen. This has worked for me until we get more control from the forum in the future.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Y-Guy

The community feedback option is located on the top bar below your user information.  The admins are working on making improvements so your feedback is important. But as Bedlam shared, we're just along for the ride like you are.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Bedlam

Moderators can help massage messages that are posted but do not have control of the formatting of the forum.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II

Or for phucks sake... **bleep** thing logged me out again.  Seriously, who wants to, or is willing over time, to log in every single time?

Gotta be honest...  I couldn't find 'community feedback'.  I fear that there are only deaf ears..I see almost zero responses, adjustments or corrections.  There is no way the mods aren't following these treads..or is there?

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Bedlam

Please post this input to community feedback. This is where it will get the most eyes that can affect changes.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD