cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find anything

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

On the old forum, I could log in and look at "what's new" and "most commented," etc. I can't find anything similar and even though I set my preferences to "most recent," when I go to a forum, I'm looking at stuff from years ago. And if you go to. . . the "Old Fella" thread that I like to haunt, I have to scroll through thousands of posts even though I'm set to most recent because it starts back at the first post. What gives? Most days I don't even stop here anymore. It used to be the way I started my day. No more.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
4 REPLIES 4

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Scottiemom

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. If you read below a couple of our users have suggested a lot of great ways to view all the latest content. The other suggestion I have for you when viewing content is the sort button right above the latest reply.  Here you can pick to view content from Oldest to Newest or Newest to Oldest. So for your "Old Fella" post, you can view the replies from Newest to Oldest so it doesn't go back to the first reply! 

Hopefully, these suggestions help! 

Thank you for your help @MNtundraRet and @opnspaces!

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

There are a few ways to get to the new content.

This link will open a new tab with the new content. Link  If you open that link then save it as a bookmark (or click CTRL D) and save it you will be able to access it again in the future.

Or

1. Scroll up to the top of this page
  2. On the left side of the page click on the word "Good Sam" to take you back to the home page
  3. Scroll down the home  page and on the right side find the box that says "New Posts"
  4. Look at the bottom of this New Posts box and click on View All
  5. That will open a page to all the new posts. But wait. there's more!!
  6. On this new page just under the words Unread Discussions you will see it is organized by Discussions and Posts and  it is defaulted to Posts.
  7. I find it easier to click on Discussions to group all the posts under the respected discussions and shorten the list
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Scottiemom wrote:

On the old forum, I could log in and look at "what's new" and "most commented," etc. I can't find anything similar and even though I set my preferences to "most recent," when I go to a forum, I'm looking at stuff from years ago. And if you go to. . . the "Old Fella" thread that I like to haunt, I have to scroll through thousands of posts even though I'm set to most recent because it starts back at the first post. What gives? Most days I don't even stop here anymore. It used to be the way I started my day. No more.

Dale

Ther is a way to see newest posts. Click on "Good Sam" in large bold lettering. Someone else found that before me. The old forum had a way to type in how many pages down the list you wished to check. That worked for me. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer

I agree. It all seems so disorganized and haphazard. There are very few new posts to look at anymore. Either I can't figure out how to properly configure the settings (a proper tutorial would be most helpful), or hardly anyone posts on here anymore. Probably a dead medium.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.