cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

20 Years ago today I joined the forum

It was on December 3, 2003 I was getting into what turned out to be a total rebuild of a rotten old 1981 Citation TT. I was struggling to remove the toilet flange from the floor and tried searching the internet for a solution. I came across RV.Net and joined, posting the question of how to remove it. Somebody answered that it threads out of the black tank. So I got a drift and a hammer, and yes indeed it was threaded in. I have the entire rebuild documented on a website I put up. Used to be a link in my sig on RV.Net, but that went away when we became GS. I'd like to find out if I am allowed to post a link here, as it is non commercial, and the sole reason I put it up was to help others do major repairs.

It's been a fun ride for 20 years, although I have not participated as much in recent years. Mainly due to some bickering and negativity amongst a small handful of regulars. OK, so I politely stepped back. I do, however, attend the site almost daily, but that too has fallen off with the transition to the new forum. I find it confusing, a challenge to find anything and difficult to navigate. I guess one day I'll get the hang of it. Practice practice...

Gosh, 20 years on an RV forum!

I will say this though. It has been a genuine pleasure throughout the years, I have learned a lot, and contributed back a lot. With my construction background, familiarity of RV construction and more, I have been able to answer a lot of questions posed here, many of them the same old newbie queries. Hey, we were all greenhorn newbies at one time!

Further to that, I have met a number of members in person and enjoyed the interaction there. One in particular has developed into a fantastic long term friendship where we get together as 2 couples for dinners and such, and remain in constant contact every day by text.  I deeply appreciate this!๐Ÿ˜Š

So, to everyone who knows me from over the years, thank you for putting up with me! ๐Ÿ˜

Here's to another 20 years of RV fun.๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅ‚

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
10 REPLIES 10

dedmiston

You've got me beat by a couple months. I joined at the start of 2004. It still feels like a long long time.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Yes, the clock has ticked by in a hurry hasn't it? It IS a long time! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BobsYourUncle

First off congratulations on 20 Years! ๐ŸŽ‰ RV.net and now the Good Sam Community would not be the same without dedicated members like yourself. I also want to thank you for giving the new community a chance. We are working around the clock to make changes based on user feedback. That being said if you have suggestions please let me know. I am here to make this the best possible community for our users. 

To answer your question, you are free to add links in any post or reply but at the moment we do not have the capability to allow them in signatures. If this is something that you think might be useful let me know. I am happy to look into this. 

Thanks again, 

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate that. Yeah, 20 years is a while. It's gone by quickly.

Although there is no provision for links in our sigs, I did add my RV rebuild website there. It is not a commercial venture and the sole reason I put it up was to help other forum members in their repairs / rebuilds. If that's OK, good. If not, let me know and I will remove it.

I think it would be a good idea to be able to post a link in our sig. Suitable content of course.

I also think 2 lines is not enough, and as one member posted here, there needs to be a line of white space between the topic content and our sig, rather than have it just run on as it does. I try to remember to do a return and a space after I write a post. don't always remember though.

@BobsYourUncle wrote:

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate that. Yeah, 20 years is a while. It's gone by quickly.

Although there is no provision for links in our sigs, I did add my RV rebuild website there. It is not a commercial venture and the sole reason I put it up was to help other forum members in their repairs / rebuilds. If that's OK, good. If not, let me know and I will remove it.

I think it would be a good idea to be able to post a link in our sig. Suitable content of course.

I also think 2 lines is not enough, and as one member posted here, there needs to be a line of white space between the topic content and our sig, rather than have it just run on as it does. I try to remember to do a return and a space after I write a post. don't always remember though.

Hey @BobsYourUncle,

I am okay with you adding the link to your signature. I actually just spent some time on your website. Your rebuild and website look awesome! 

I added "hyperlinks in signatures" to my to-do list. I also agree with you on adding an automatic line before your signature so that it doesn't get all bunched together. This is an item we have seen in feedback before so we want to get corrected. 

Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I am here to help.  

Thank you for the compliment on my website. ๐Ÿ˜Š About 16 - 17 years ago I had a rather rudimentary website up with the same content. Long story, it didn't work well and I took it down, but always wanted to redo it.

This one was built with Wix, and although the format is rather basic, it functions well and serves the purpose I built it for. I spent a lot of time on it, but it was a very enjoyable project, and I've had a lot of positive feedback.

I hope it helps many more people gather the nerve to tackle their own rebuilds - repairs.

@evanseegmiller wrote:

@BobsYourUncle wrote:

Hey @BobsYourUncle,

I am okay with you adding the link to your signature. I actually just spent some time on your website. Your rebuild and website look awesome! 

I added "hyperlinks in signatures" to my to-do list. I also agree with you on adding an automatic line before your signature so that it doesn't get all bunched together. This is an item we have seen in feedback before so we want to get corrected. 

Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I am here to help.  

Can you add Images to the wishlist? We used to be able to add small images. A popular use was adding a map of visited states to the signature.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Thanks to both of you, I appreciate the comments.๐Ÿ˜Š

And I think Uncle Bob made a mistake - it was actually Dec 12th 2003, not the 3rd. Oh well, close enough, it was 20 years ago. Mind is fading I guess.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Glad you're sticking around, I also like reading your posts. I think I'm almost one year behind you this time next year I might be posting a similar message.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad

Glad you're hanging in with the new forum.  I've always enjoyed reading your posts. 

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle