cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemite and dogs...

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Late start to this planning, but we are looking at going to Yosemite in mid-September. Which, of course, means a private campground at this late of a date. We will have 2 45 lb dogs (Aussies) with. Both have been great campers, no barking as long as all the shades are drawn...but, I am the last to claim that they are perfect.

Wouldn't even think of doing much, if anything, with them in the park - rules, restrictions, transportation, etc. just too much.

A couple of campgrounds that I have looked at seem to have VERY strict "no dogs unattended" rules. I've been at many that have a similar rule, but it is enforced only when there is a disturbance issue. But these seem much stricter than that.

So...any suggestions on kennels, daycares or other places we can park the dogs while we do day trips to the park?
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
7 REPLIES 7

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
My brother told me 40 years ago that he rarely travels any place his dog is not welcome. I still think that is good advice. I love dogs and never leave them in a kennel.

Willow13
Explorer
Explorer
We used the park kennels in 2016. A bit out of the way, by the horse stables as I recall. We parked our rv in a lot and were able to walk the dogs to the kennels on the sidewalks that run along side the park roads. The lady that checked them in was obviously a knowledgeable animal lover. We felt they were safe, secure and had no problems.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The NPS discriminates against dogs. The California State Park system is even worse. I always travel with dogs so going to the redwoods is out of the question. Some dogs howl or bark when left alone and you may not even be aware of it. I like to take them everywhere, Border Collie and 2 Corgis.

dedmiston
It might be worth a phone call for clarification. I've been to places that prohibit leaving your dogs outside unattended (tethered or penned), but they're OK with you leaving your dogs inside your RV as long as they don't bark.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Any possibility of leaving them at home with a friend or relative? You're going to be restrictive wherever you go.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite National Park Dog policy
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Never used it, Our Awesome Shepherd is always with us, but supposedly the park has a kennel.
Call (209)372-8326.