cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge?

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been to Yellowstone lately. Do you have any pics of the new bridge that replaced the old Fishing Bridge.
Hoping to see some pics next year of the new and improved RV campground.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
6 REPLIES 6

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
We drove through the fishing bridge area in the middle of August. Most of the new steel bridge piling have been driven into the ground. Some of the sections of the new bridge have been installed and other sections of the bridge were sitting nearby. It will be nice. Right now there are several miles of gravel from the junction at fishing bridge heading east towards that entrance. The campground was still closed,

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We were there just after Labor Day. There was no new bridge! The road had been rebuilt along with bridge deck.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
Fishing Bridge info with photos:

https://flh.fhwa.dot.gov/projects/wy/east-entrance/

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I heard they were completely tearing out the old bridge and building a new one. Hmm we will see. I was just curious as to what has been done so far.

As far as the campground. I also thought they said they were doing a complete redo of the campground. Maybe that is just all the asphalt. And if thatโ€™s all it is I canโ€™t see why it would be closed all of next year too?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
They were just supposed to do road work, not sure if it included a new bridge. The RV park is closed thru 2020 so they say as well. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I didn't see a "new" bridge. They fixed the bridge deck and cleaned up walkways.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker