cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whats up in Charleston?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are at the Oconee COE CG in SC until Friday, not too far from Clemson. Deciding on where to go next. Cindy want to head over near Charleston but has seen some things on FB about it being in semi lock down with a 7PM curfew. I of course have little faith in FB. Does anyone have current info, is Charleston worth a visit at this time? Or should we head up into the NC mountains?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
13 REPLIES 13

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Looking forward to someone taking them to court.
Of course we wont be able to remember what that virus was when the courts are finished.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
YEP....Charleston SC has shut it down
No Halloween Costumes over the age of 16
No Loud Music which causes folks to yell to be heard
Mandatory Face Mask ---$100/$200/$500 fines
Restaurants/Bars ---no liquor sales/consumption between the hrs of 11PM -- 10AM

Read it all here

Is that Charleston? Or Moscow? That edict is almost longer than the bill of rights.

Good thing you do not have to wear a mask while alone or with other family members in an enclosed space LOL.

I did not know Covid was easier to contract when someone played amplified music?

I was at my brothers place in Pittsburgh last weekend. They have almost the exact same draconian restrictions which have effectively put @ 35% of bars and restaurants in an 8 county area out of business permanently with 65% being out for good by Dec 31st being the number discussed. At least their liquor license fees were deferred for next year, a whopping $1500.00 at most. I bet they're thankful for that.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I was there the day before the earthquake, it was closed the next day. I'll list a few places we have stayed or visited this year. Blowing Rock, Linville, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Banner Elk, Spruce Pine, West Palm Beach, FL, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Saluda, NC, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Hendersonville, Forest City, Fayetteville, WV, Beckley, WV, Oak Hill, WV (where Hank Williams died),Morgantown, WV (home of Don Knotts and WVU), All over central PA where the 911 memorial is located, Harpers Ferry, WV, Winchester, VA and we have 2 months to go. Would take me all day to mention each water fall, river, and mountain we have visited. I will soon be 80 so I got to go while I can and saw plenty of color last trip. Been home 2 days.

Congrats on your adventures this year! We too have been out and about . NC mountains in June and August, then Maine in between the NC visits.. Now in the Florida keys. Just making sure we are reasonably cautious.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was there the day before the earthquake, it was closed the next day. I'll list a few places we have stayed or visited this year. Blowing Rock, Linville, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Banner Elk, Spruce Pine, West Palm Beach, FL, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Saluda, NC, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Hendersonville, Forest City, Fayetteville, WV, Beckley, WV, Oak Hill, WV (where Hank Williams died),Morgantown, WV (home of Don Knotts and WVU), All over central PA where the 911 memorial is located, Harpers Ferry, WV, Winchester, VA and we have 2 months to go. Would take me all day to mention each water fall, river, and mountain we have visited. I will soon be 80 so I got to go while I can and saw plenty of color last trip. Been home 2 days.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah I saw the weather forecast for the next week, down below 30 a couple of nights but only for an hour or two. At Ashvill NC. Into each life a little frost must fall heh. Not much fall color yet around here so far, a little yellow is about it

View from Chimney Rock sp.

We've been dragging all this cold weather gear around without ever being able to use it. Time for a test...heh
Superbumper

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Well it hasn't been a lost year for us, we will hit a new high mark of over 100 days camping since June. We have no burning need to visit Charleston and the NC/TN mountains will suit us just fine for the beginning of November. Charleston next year is OK.

Was camping in the NC mountains 10 days ago. Lots of CGโ€™s open and the many quaint boutique towns close by with restaurants aplenty. Great waterfalls to visit if you like. That area is expecting frost or freezing temps this weekend. Charleston would be warmer, but not sure of accessibility to restaurants and such. Or, venture south into The Greenville SC area...a destination city and recognized as a goto place for foodies. Good luck in your travels.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well it hasn't been a lost year for us, we will hit a new high mark of over 100 days camping since June. We have no burning need to visit Charleston and the NC/TN mountains will suit us just fine for the beginning of November. Charleston next year is OK.
Superbumper

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Well I spent some time on the web and the place seems to be half n half. You can go to Ft Sumter for example but not go inside and the visitor center is closed. And other attractions are the same. Looks best to put it off until the panic recedes.

Sometimes half of something isn't better than nothing. In all honesty it's probably better to wait the rest of the year out if possible and hope for the best come the first of the year. We were lucky and took some time off in August when things had gotten relatively quiet up here and what we wanted to do was outside, including eating. As far as we're concerned it's a lost year and the best we can do is look forward to next year.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Read it all here

Well I spent some time on the web and the place seems to be half n half. You can go to Ft Sumter for example but not go inside and the visitor center is closed. And other attractions are the same. Looks best to put it off until the panic recedes.
Superbumper

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II

Read it all here
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should be able to find a list of current restrictions/ or not for Charleston online.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been to the N.C. mountains awhile back, maybe a month, ago and just came back from a trip up through WV to PA (911 site) back down to Winchester VA and got to central N.C. last night. Every thing I wanted to see was open except McDonalds. Saw none where you could go inside. Wear your mask and pay attention.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have current information on Charleston specifically, but if it were me I'd try to stay put for a while. With Covid numbers increasing again, I would definitely err on the side of caution. Regardless of what some people might say, this thing is as real as it gets.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress