cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What I am looking for is......

CaptJD
Explorer
Explorer
to find RV campgrounds in CA with the following...

- A campground where the RV sites located by the waterfront of a Lake or River with good fishing activity...

and when I say "waterfront" I mean "Waterfront"... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I do not want to pull into my space and then walk 1/4 mile to the lake or the river.
In the past I've been few locations where my RV space was only 30 ft or so away from the water's edge.
That's what I am looking for.

One of those spots I've already been is at Kernville, CA called KRSRV Resort (Camp James) where you can almost fish while you are sitting under your RV's awning!
The other one is almost next to it and called Rivernook Campground!
Then there was Lake Tulloch RV Campground...

So, I am looking into a similar location or locations within 200-250 mile radius of my zip (93635).

Anyone???
9 REPLIES 9

dedmiston
CaptJD wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Not as close to you in the Central Valley, but I think the Owens Valley has some river-front spots where you can boondock and fish. I haven't camped there in ages, but I remember car camping there north of Crowley when I was in college. There were other spots up the hill like McGee creek, but you couldn't fit an RV up there.

Those Owens River spots were the most wide open waterfront camp spots I can think of. Other than that, California doesn't like people having any fun near the lakes, rivers, or oceans.

You' betcha! California doesnโ€™t want people having fun at all anywhere within its borders!
Thankfully we found a waterfront spot at Lake Camanche with full hookups. Itโ€™s a very tranquil surrounding with lots of bass and trout stocked yesterday up to the camp rangers.
Only 2 hrs away from my home. So far not bad at all!

Fantastic. I hope you catch your limit.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CaptJD
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Not as close to you in the Central Valley, but I think the Owens Valley has some river-front spots where you can boondock and fish. I haven't camped there in ages, but I remember car camping there north of Crowley when I was in college. There were other spots up the hill like McGee creek, but you couldn't fit an RV up there.

Those Owens River spots were the most wide open waterfront camp spots I can think of. Other than that, California doesn't like people having any fun near the lakes, rivers, or oceans.

You' betcha! California doesnโ€™t want people having fun at all anywhere within its borders!
Thankfully we found a waterfront spot at Lake Camanche with full hookups. Itโ€™s a very tranquil surrounding with lots of bass and trout stocked yesterday up to the camp rangers.
Only 2 hrs away from my home. So far not bad at all!

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Duck Island RV Park in Rio Vista along the Sacramento River. I haven't been there, but did consider it when I was in the area. Ended up at Sandy Beach County Park across the river.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, the Santa Margarita KOA almost fits the bill -- plus it is right near you -- less than three hours! We liked it there -- very quiet and peaceful. But there is a little walk to the lakeshore.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Island Park COE, Pine Flat Lake, Sanger, CA - near Fresno.

It was a 'waterfront' site.

The water was high at Island Park, but the camp site was above the spillway elevation, probably above the physical top of the dam elevation. There was nothing between my site and the water, but a steep bank. Too steep to walk down.

The problem with lakes, and rivers, is that the campsite needs to be above the elevation of maxium possible high water. There may even be an EPA rule about having sewer sites that could be flooded. I know that most of the COE parks in Texas have their sewer sites far above the lake level. Even waterfront sewer sites require a bit of a walk to the water.

Good luck.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Not a specific park, but if you havent looked before, check any Army Corps of Engineers parks in your region. COE PARKS

Thyare usually around reservoirs and other bodies of water.

CaptJD
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
There are two rv parks in Three Rivers, California that have sites on or very close to the river. Sequoia RV Ranch and Sequoia Campground and Lodge.

Thank you.. I'll check them out!

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
There are two rv parks in Three Rivers, California that have sites on or very close to the river. Sequoia RV Ranch and Sequoia Campground and Lodge.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"